twenty four | broken glass

"i took the time to think of what you said,
you were tap-dancing in my head.
i must be honest, i have a lot of pride,
but i'm broken inside."
- another sad love song, khalid

6:00AM.

"yuta?" jane called out as she stepped into her front door.

no answer.

he's probably still asleep, she thought.

she walked into her room to check up on yuta, but all she saw was an empty bed. she looked around her house, but there was no one. jane began to feel aware - almost scared. he must've known she left, and the thought of it made her nervous, but not as nervous as she was for the consequences to come. she couldn't dare to think what he would've done.

suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by two notification from her phone.

miss park:
i know you're off today, but please come in today at 12:30pm to discuss plans for fashion week japan — only 13 more days!

yuta:
my house @ 12. need to talk.

jane sighed at the first text, and her eyes widened at the second. in her head, she repeated "shit, shit, shit," as she paced around the room. unfortunately, she knew how important her job was, but she was cautious about yuta. if she stood him up, he could be capable of doing worse than last time. to her luck, yuta's house was 15 minutes away from her work place, which gave her the option to go to both places; assuming that yuta would only talk to her for a bit.

—11:00AM.

"lucas? what the fuck are you doing at my doorstep at, like, 11am?" mark complained.

"man, i don't know. i'm just in a good ass mood," lucas smiled. "are you going to let me in or.."

"nope," mark said bluntly as he shut the door. a few seconds passed and mark opened the door again. "come in, rat."

"so why are you so happy at this time?" mark questioned.

lucas looked down and smiled at his feet.

"ew, what the fuck?" mark laughed as he watched his friend smile to himself.

"can a person not be happy? fucking noodle head," lucas said.

"ugh, just tell me."

"i talked to jane last night and long story short, we're friends now."

"friends? as in 'i forgive you for what happened' friends?"

"yup." lucas said, popping the 'p'.

"SHIT, ARE YOU GUYS GETTING BACK TOGETHER OR WHAT?"

"um, she has a man.."

"and so?" mark joked, earning a slap on the back of his head. "I WAS KIDDING! i'm not trash like that!"

"sure about that?"

"i'll cut your tongue off, bogey boy."