The Encounter

The red headed girl was brushing her Pegasus, humming to herself ever so softly. The humming itself was so calming, it could set the angriest soul into the soundest slumber. As she brushed her Pegasus, she heard footsteps, inching closer and closer to her. Cordelia stopped her humming, her body stiffened in fear. It was like the sweetest puppy turning into a territorial wolf. She turned around as fast as she could, surprised by who she saw. 

"Damn it Chrom! Don't sneak up on me like that!" Cordelia said laughing, brushing her crimson hair out of her eyes, with her finger, slowly and ever so carefully. She had to catch her breath, the fear had sapped her of her breathing. "Don't be too excited to see me Cordy!" Chrom said as he leaned against a tree, teasing her. "What brings you over here? You usually stick near the camp at this time." She said, setting down her brush. She sat down, crossing her legs, waiting patiently for the answer she had wished to receive. "Just checking up on everyone, You are important to me after all." He said blushing softly. "Chrom..? Why are your cheeks red, is it something I did?" she arose to her feet and scratched her head. "Gods no Cordelia! the sun is just a little harsh today." He laughed nervously. "Right.. If you insist Chrom." She smiled and picked up her brush, and continued brushing her pegasus, continuing her soothing humming. 

Chrom was blind to Cordelia's beauty this whole time, only now realizing how beautiful she actually was. Her beauty stunned him and the words he wished to speak, had frozen in place. "Chrom..? May I help you?" She laughed softly and turned to look at him, becoming lost in the sapphire sea that his eyes resembled. "Cordelia I- I..." His cheek Resembled the girl's crimson hair. "Chrom, we're friends, please tell me what's ailing you!" Chrom remained silent, he glanced around and saw a gorgeous rose, petals painted with the purest of whites, dashes of cream blended in. He bent down and picked it up and held it to her chest, smiling. "I want you to have this Cordelia.." Cordelia's cheeks were flushed, and she smiled and held his hand. "Chrom..!"