A Deal With The Devil

The May morning was draped in a light drizzle, the kind that leaves a light mist on everything it touches. The fog was thin enough to see down the rest of the neighborhood, yet thick enough to paint the neighborhood in a transparent grey. As the rain fell, the earthy smell of chlorine lingered in the air, creating an almost ethereal atmosphere. The rain and its condensation left behind a glistening sheen on everything it touched, making the world around me seem almost magical. Yet for me it was far from that.

It was only 11am yet here I was on the doorstep of ATO, short for Alpha Tai Omega

It was only 11am yet here I was on the doorstep of ATO, short for Alpha Tai Omega. I stood there pondering on one of the biggest decisions I was ever going to make in my life.

Brody Willer, was the president of Alpha Tai Omega and he was your typical frat boy. In fact, I'm pretty sure the word frat boy was based on him. Why do I say this you may ask?

Because Brody got into one of the top universities in the state of California purely because of who his family was, how wealthy they are, and how much influence they held. Not to mention the fact that his name is literally Brody, as in "Bro-dee".

He literally does the same thing every day since his freshman year. Get his pledges to do his assignments, hit up parties and then sleep with multiple girls or "chicks" as he calls them all week long, then the cycle repeats. Brody slacks off because he knows no matter what he does his future is secured. Even if it means his drugging and rape allegations get swept under the rug along with the excessive amounts of misdemeanor charges for harassment to his pledges and so much more. But despite me knowing all that here I am, knocking at his door.

I hear a guy yell "Coming!" from inside the house. After a moment, the door swings open to reveal Ty, a mutual friend of my boyfriend Ryder and Brody. Ty's facial expression changed from relaxed to shocked upon seeing me. I could tell he was surprised to see me here, considering the fact that Ryder and Brody didn't exactly get along now. "Kimberly?" he asked, clearly taken aback. "Does Ryder know you're here?" he inquired. "No...." I replied. The fact that Ty asked if Ryder knew I was here instead of asking what I was doing here spoke volumes. Ever since Ryder and I began dating it was like I lost my entire identity. It showed that this had gotten so far to the point that I wasn't even seen as my own person anymore unless Ryder was a few feet behind me. The worst part was I wasn't even sure if I knew who I was anymore apart from him. That realization confirmed the decision I was about to make even more. I knew it was time to take control of my life and stop letting Ryder dictate my every move.

"I'm here to see Brody." I spoke. "Oh." He looked more calm now as he stepped aside to let me in. "His room is all the way upstairs to your left, but um just knock before entering in case he's with somebody." With somebody as in naked in bed hungover with some girl whose name he probably didn't know. I nodded my head as thanks to Ty as I began to walk upstairs.

I wasn't in here often unless it was for a party with Ryder but it was surprisingly really clean for a frat house. However I had no doubt it was probably thanks to the maid Brodys family was responsible for hiring.