two steps back,

look at what you've become

can you recognize yourself in
the mirror? do you even look
in the mirror anymore?

can you recognize yourself inthe mirror?  do you even lookin the           mirror anymore?

Shade Sparrow had many secrets. Many of which he hid so well within himself that even he began to forget they even existed. There were a lot of aspects of Shade's life that stayed in the dark. No one really knew much about the boy. This, of course, led to a lot of jokes about him and his name. Everyone laughing about how shady Shade is. And honestly? Shade doesn't mind that people avoid him and gawk at his mysteriousness from afar. As long as they never try to pry into that mysteriousness, that is.

However, a simple extra credit English project can change that. Students from two different high schools, Riverbend and Midtown, are paired up. Each person is required to write letters, notes, or texts to their assigned partner from the opposing school.

The basis of the project is pretty simple. You talk to and get to know your partner. You never exchange names or pictures. Then, at the end of the semester, the two group will be paired up and it will their job to find their partner. It's the english teachers warped way of seeing how students judge people. Do students head right for the athletes simply because they once said they enjoyed sports? Or do they head for the nerdy kids because they said they get good grades? It sounds silly but it's a great way for students to learn not to judge people based off their looks.

But Shades partner, Peter Parker, has his work cut out for him. Shade is far from being an open book. The problem is: if either want the extra credit that comes with the project, they have to be open with one another.

cast.