5 - Uncover

This story is based and inspired by The Vampire Diaries.

Disclaimer: All rights go to the director and producers of the show and to LJ Smith (the author).

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Chapter Five - Uncover

To say that I was shocked would be an understatement.

There are so many emotions welling up inside me. Surprise. Confusion. Excitement. Happiness. Longing.

Is that really from Klaus?

Is he here?

I thought he was out of town.

Then, did he came back just now?

What is he doing?

I have so many questions and i cant even...i dont know how to react. I looked around. But all I could see were familiar faces of the people i've known all my life in this small town.

Right!

I should ask Dana.

I quickly walked over to the front. The crowd went back to dancing and to what they were doing earlier before the announcement so it madeit hard for me to reach the front instantly.

"Dana!" I yelled her name as soon as I saw her walking away from the stage.

Thankfully she heard it. She turned towards my direction and she smiled when she saw me.
"Oh Emily, you look greaat." She said when I finally reached her.

"Thanks." I said, almost out of breath. "Say, was that really from Klaus?"

She nodded. "Yes. It was. He told me to announce it once you arrived."

"Really?" A tinge of hope spark inside of me. "So where is he?"

"Where is who?" She furrowed her eyebrows slightly.

"Klaus. Where is he?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "I'm not sure..." she trailed off as she seems to suddenly space out.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" I frowned.

"I..don't know.."

Before I could ask her another question, a voice called my name and a strong hand pulled my arm making me face that person.

"Emily!"

I looked up at Damon. His eyebrows were furrowed and he had this undescribable expression on his face. I could also see Stefan and Elena tagging along from behind.

"What's wrong?" Elena was the one to ask first.

I sighed. "Its nothing." I remembered, Elena didnt really know about Klaus and my little secret.

"Anyway,could you let go now? Everybody's gonna start rumors about this." I said referring to Damon holding my hand, once again.

The three of them gave each other meaningful looks before Damon chuckled and finally let go. Coincidentally, the music changed to something new. The three of them gave another meaningful look before Stefan and Elena decided to dance, leaving me and Damon alone.