Part 1

A request from @BNFan73 ♥

~

"Well, I've got everything." Stevie told her husband, having checked her bags once more. She saw it in his face, he was upset to see her leave home again. "I'll be back in another two weeks."

That was the agreement among the band members. Two weeks working on the album then a few days off. Surprisingly, it'd been working great so far. Stevie was quite skeptical at first, she thought it was a crazy idea, when Mick suggested all of them staying in a house together. As it turned out, it wasn't that crazy after all. If anything, Stevie had been enjoying the benefits of that arrangement greatly. 

Stevie gave Marvin a small smile and came up to him. Placing her hands on his face, she leaned in for a kiss. "We'll see each other again soon. It's not like I'm locked up there. I can come and go as I please." She chuckled, kissing him briefly again.

"I love you." Marvin said, hugging her close.

"I love you." Stevie echoed and was on her way out.

Stevie got into Karen's black SUV, sighing. She was looking out the window, ignoring whatever her assistant was trying to say to her. Stevie was happy lately. It wasn't that her husband didn't make her happy, she'd just become happier. She and Lindsey were on great terms, they were spending a lot of time together, just the two of them. There was nothing wrong in that, she didn't feel guilty about that. What she did feel guilty about however, was the fact they kissed. They were sharing a bottle of wine one night, but they weren't drunk, far from it. Both of them knew exactly what they were doing. Stevie genuinely thought she was over Lindsey. The two had a thing during The Dance, a very short lived affair. Lindsey was already with Kristen and Stevie had been married to Marvin for two years. They never talked about it. Stevie told herself that was it, they were never going to go back again after that. She was married and Lindsey and Kristen were expecting their first child together. It could never happen again. 

But here there were again. Stevie felt badly, she did. She loved Marvin and he should be enough for her. No other man had ever been tempting enough for her to cheat on her husband. Except Lindsey. She couldn't explain it, she just... well, she was not over him. And she doubted she was ever going to be.

Lindsey was the only one back so far. He heard a car pulling into the driveway. His heartbeat picked up pace, he was hoping it was Stevie. They'd been separated for just a couple of days and he missed her, he wanted to see her.

"Hey!" Lindsey opened the door for Stevie and Karen, not knowing it was them. He did think it would have been a bit weird if he'd greeted John like that. "Let me help you with that." He said, taking over Stevie's bags from Karen. He gave a small nod to Stevie's assistant, before hugging Stevie with one arm, since he was holding her things with his other hand. 

"Stevie, do you need me?" Karen asked, leaning against the car. 

"Uh, I don't think so. No." Stevie shook her head. She said goodbye to her assistant and went into the house, Lindsey following behind her.

"Surprisingly, you're here before Mick and John." Lindsey laughed, carrying Stevie's belongings to her temporary room. 

"That is unusual." Stevie agreed, chuckling. She always arrived last, always. "So, it's just you and I, huh?"

"Yeah." Lindsey gave a nod of his head, standing in Stevie's room, hands on his hips.

Stevie pulled her bottom lip into her mouth, biting into it as if telling herself no. But God, it was so tempting... He was right there in front of her and if she was right, he was waiting for her to make a move. Hesitating for just a second longer, Stevie closed the gap between them, sliding her hands along his torso, his own disappeared in her hair as he drew her closer and kissed her. Passionately. No one kissed her like he did.

"I missed you." She whispered, pulling back.

"I missed you." He said, his arms embracing her as she rested her head on his chest. 

"We shouldn't be doing this anymore, Linds."

"I don't know how to stop." He shrugged, telling her honestly.

Swallowing uneasily, Stevie tilted her chin up and looked up at Lindsey. "I don't know how to either."