FIVE; REAL LIFE

M I L L I E ' S P O V

i sigh happily as i knock on my best friend, sadie sink's door. she makes me feel all bubbly.

she gives me butterflies, but don't tell her that. she doesn't need to know that.

it was currently about ten o'clock in the evening, and i was going to sadie's for a sleepover.

sadie answers the door, an automatic smile appearing on her face.

"heyo, millster!" says sadie, inviting me in politely.

i smile in a way of replying, happily taking the red heads invite inside.

"my fathers not home, so we can do some things." sadie says, a mischievous look on her face.

"like what?" i ask, tilting my head in confusion.

"like this." sadie says, grabbing my hand and leading me up to her room.

i blush at the contact, but sadie does nothing. she obviously does not like me the way i do her.

she opens a secret door in her room, leading to the roof outside her room.

sadie grabs a blanket and lays it on the roof, running downstairs. she comes back up with a basket and two glasses of wine.

no, we aren't exactly legal (as we we're only seventeen and nineteen) but we can handle it.

she tells me to open the basket, so i do. it reveals two sandwiches and two bags of chips.

she tells me to pick one of the two bags, and i pick the ranch dipped buffalo wings kind.

sadie hands me a sandwich, which is a ham and tomato sandwich.

my favorite.

sadie's is a cold-cut turkey sandwich, which is her favorite.

sadie's chips were just plain nacho cheese doritos, but she was just like that.

she sits down on the blanket and pats the spot beside her, so i sit too.

"look at this, mills," sadie says, pointing to the sky.
"if you look closely, you can see constellations. like that one. that's orion.
that's supposedly where heaven is." sadie explains.

i nod, looking right into her blue eyes. they're more shiny than any constellations.

"look at the stars, silly." sadie giggles, pushing my face to the sky.

"no, i would rather look at you. you're more beautiful than any star." i say.

"o-oh." sadie blushes.

i smile and lay my head on sadie's lap. she intertwines her fingers in my hair.

"hey, sads?" i say, looking at the beautiful red head.

"yes, mills?" sadie replies, looking back at me.

"i love you." i say, leaning up to her.

my lips were dangerously close to hers, and i couldn't be anymore happy.

"i love you too." sadie says, her eyes flickering down to my lips and to my eyes.

and then i do it. i actually do it. i do what i've been craving to for years.

i kiss her