Chapter 13

"Frostleap, I need you to guard the camp." Sharpfang ordered.

"Really?" Frostleap squealed.

"Before you think it's fun, know that it's not."

"I think it will be exciting. It's my first mission as a warrior."

"I'm guessing you have a way of making everything exciting. Keep up that attitude."

"Don't worry, Sharpfang. I'll guard the camp."

"Good. Now if you excuse me, I have to set up a border patrol."

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Frostleap shivered when the wind blew on her pelt.

It was almost midnight and Frostleap was sitting in the middle of the clearing, alone.

Darkstorm padded out of the warriors' den and suddenly met Frostleap's gaze.

"Where are you going, Darkstorm?"

"I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to look at the stars."

"You like looking up at the stars too?"

"Um, yeah."

"They make the sky look beautiful! Especially those big ones the sparkle. I love looking at stars!" Frostleap gazed up at the night sky.

"I could tell. Your eyes are sparkling right now as you look at them."

"When I die, I want my star to shine brightly."

"I'm sure you do."

Darkstorm's green gaze met Frostleap's

"Perhaps were could watch the stars together one time." Darkstorm suggested.

"I'd like that." Frostleap meowed. "But not now. I'm supposed to be guarding the camp."

"Until then." Darkstorm rested his tail-tip on Frostleap's shoulder and padded into the warriors' den.

A/n:

Sorry for the short chapter, but I'm going to update chapter 14 soon.