The Plan

Two morning later, Jay and Mal got up earlier than usual, to make their plans to get Carlos and Evie back together. Jay grabbed his food quickly, and he led the way out to the Royal Parking Garage. Jay's silent black, red, and yellow Vespa started at the turn of a key, and Mal climbed on the Vespa to drive, and Jay got on behind her, holding on with one arm around her waist as she drove to the road leading away from Auradon Prep. Jay gave her directions, and Mal drove them there with the wind blowing through their hair. Mal parked the Vespa, and kicked the kickstand down. Hand in hand, they walked across the footbridge to get to the Enchanted Lake. Mal and Jay stood on the big cement platform in the middle of the lake, to discuss the plan.

"First off, how do we get Evie and Carlos here at the same time tomorrow night?" Mal asked. Jay and Mal sat down and Mal got out the paper to write it all down. "How about we tell them we need help with school." Jay suggested. "With what type of school work?" Mal asked. "Science?" Jay asked. "Yes!" Mal exclaimed. "Carlos is obsessed with science and learning and all that smart stuff." Mal and Jay composed a text conversation they each would have with Carlos and Evie. "Okay, let's get them secured, and then we can keep planning." Mal said and Jay took out his phone. Evie, of course replied right away saying she'd help them. Mal did the same with Carlos, and he said yes too. "So, neither of them know that someone else is coming besides us." Jay said and Mal nodded. Mal wrote it all down on her paper, and they moved on. "Okay, next part. Getting them alone." "To keep them from leaving, we actually have to have to like, learn." Jay said and Mal groaned. "I hate listening to their droning on and on and on about their smartness." Mal said and Jay laughed.

"So, how about this, since we know Carlos and Evie really well, we say there's going to be a test on this stuff, and they'll give us a review to work on together. That'll happen after a bit of them being here together. By then, they'll be comfortable just standing next to each other." Mal said. "Right. When we get halfway through the 'review'" Jay said making quotes with his fingers, "I'll look over at you, and do this." Jay said leaning over and kissing Mal square on the lips with so much passion, Mal thought he was an artist. When Jay stopped, Mal's mouth dropped open and Jay laughed as he gently shut her mouth. "Unexpected?" Jay asked raising an eyebrow and Mal laughed. "I could say something along the lines of, you look so beautiful in this lighting, which you always do anyways, and then we'll kiss, and won't stop." Jay said. Mal nodded. "We could go up against this here girder thingy." Mal said tapping her pencil against the big beam next to her. Jay smiled and nodded.

"Next stage, they get disgusted, again, and walk away. After we're sure they're gone, we'll get up and follow them. Once they're in our sights again, we'll keep our distance for 15 minutes to give them a little time. After the 15 minutes are up, and they aren't within 3 feet of each other, we have two options for the next path. I could either use magic to push them to have relationship feels, and after they kiss I take the spell off to make them have true feelings towards each other. Or, we could have you drop out of a tree, safely, of course, and then I scream your name like you're bleeding to death or something, and when Carlos and Evie turn to look at you, I'll push Evie into Carlos. When she falls into Carlos, her lips will brush his face, and he'll turn to her in shock, and the kiss will happen!" Mal exclaimed happily. "Let's do option two, where I drop out of a tree." Jay said and Mal nodded and wrote it down. "Come on. We better get back to Auradon Prep so we'll be on time for class." Jay said standing up and extending a hand to Mal. Mal took it, and Jay pulled her up.

They got back to Auradon Prep, and Mal couldn't stop running their plan through her mind over and over again. She was so focused she didn't even see or hear Evie when she waved a hand in front of Mal's face. "Mal!" Evie said again. "What's with Mal? It's like she's not even on Earth today." Evie said. "Let me try." Jay said with a smirk. Jay leaned over and kissed Mal on the forehead ever so softly and Mal blinked before looking around. "Hey guys. Why is everyone staring at me?" She asked. Jay shrugged at Evie as she looked at him for an explanation. Ben stood up, "Time to get going for class." Everyone got up from the table and flooded to the dorms to get their school stuff and head to class. Jay caught up to Mal in the hallway, and took her hand.

"I can't wait for tomorrow!" She said grinning. "Don't tell anything too revealing, or I'll have to punish you." Jay said. "Eww Jay! Stop it!" Evie said smacking Jay. "What?" Jay asked innocently, tilting his head to look at her. "Ben, tell Jay to stop!" Evie whined to Ben. "Stop what?" Ben asked coming to stand next to Evie. "Oh, nothing!" Jay said smiling and walking into his dorm. Evie whispered what Jay had said and Ben's eyes widened. "I think we should talk to mom and dad about this." Ben said and Evie nodded. "If this keeps happening, we'll have to go straight to Fairy Godmother." "Jay did nothing wrong. Why tell an adult if he did nothing wrong?" Mal said interrupting their conversation. "Didn't you hear what he said to you?" Evie exclaimed. "Yeah. There's nothing wrong with that statement." Mal said. "Then what he mean by punish you?" Ben asked. "That means he's going to kiss me for long periods of time. Duh. It's not like I wouldn't mind that." Mal said before stalking off to her own dorm room with Carlos.