eleven

Maasai Mara, Kenya.

10th September 2019.
4:25am.

'Fuck...' Demi mumbles as she moves Wilmer's arms off her and rolls away from him. She swings her legs over the side of the bed and presses one hand against her stomach as she groans.

'Nena, what's wrong?' Wilmer asks groggily as he pushes himself up on his elbow and uses his free hand to rub his eyes.

'I'm fine. Go back to sleep, Wilmer.' She replies quietly. Sighing, he sits up and moves until he's sitting beside her. Draping his arm around her shoulders, he pulls her closer to him until she's tucked into his side.

'What's going on, Dems? I can tell when you're not okay. Talk to me, nena?' He says. 

'It's nothing, honestly... Just cramp; it's pretty bad some months but I've always just managed to hide it.' She admits, tears filling her eyes as he immediately begins to gently rub her stomach.

'Oh, nena. What can I do? How can I make this better?' He asks and she shakes her head.

'You can't. I normally just have to take some painkillers and suffer through it.' She replies.

'Do you have painkillers with you?' He asks and she nods her head.

'They're in my case.' She replies quietly.

'I'll go get them and I'll get you a bottle of water, okay? Sit back against the pillows, babe.' He says softly. He helps her move back up the bed before going over to her suitcase and searching through it for her painkillers. He finds them and grabs a bottle of water from the mini-fridge before making his way back over to her.

'Is it these?' He asks and she nods her head. He passes her a couple and she quickly swallows them with a mouthful of water. He sits down beside her and smiles slightly as she rests her head against his chest.

'You should go back to sleep.' She mumbles as he kisses the top of her head and begins to run his fingers through her hair.

'Not until I know you're okay. We should take it easy today and maybe just have a day lounging around here.' He says adjusting the covers over them both.

'I don't want to ruin this holiday.' She mumbles.

'You're not ruining it. We are in a beautiful country and if we spend the rest of this holiday in this tent just the two of us then that is quite alright with me. I'm just glad that we get to have some time just the two of us. I love you.' He says softly causing her to smile.

'I will never get tired of hearing you say that.' She mumbles.

'Good because I plan on telling you numerous times every day.' He says.

_________ 

10:23am

Stretching her arms above her head Demi smiles slightly as she feels Wilmer's hand resting on her stomach, his thumb gently brushing back and forth. Reaching down, she rests her hand on top of his and turns her head to look at him.

'You're awake.' He says softly and she nods her head.

'How are you feeling?' He asks.