Chapter 1: The Beginning

Sam sighed. She laid down on her bed, calming herself. After all she had been through, all the years of college and nursing school, something had changed. She thought she had it all planned out but it all disappeared in the matter of seconds.

She closed her eyes, clearing her head. 

"What am I gonna do?" She muttered.

     She looked over at her clock. No surprise it was late, at least she was home with her family, well... her mother and father. Her older brother, Austin, was out of the house, living on his own. The younger was no where to be found. 

     Him. Dallas Valentine, her younger brother. He left them, ran away from those who cared for him. She never understood why. Why leave? She knew she would probably never see him again.

     She tried to push her thoughts out of her mind, she didn't want to feel down. Like a failure. She needed sleep but that didn't seem to be happening anytime soon. She opened her eyes and picked up her phone looking around the internet and her social media for anything interesting.

     After about an hour, she was stuck watching videos on YouTube, just random videos.She was slowly nodding off. Her eyes beginning to close, and they eventually did. She had finally fallen asleep.

TIMESKIP TO MORNING

     She woke up to a loud thud from downstairs, she groaned into her pillow and slowly got up. She opened her door and walked down the flight of stairs. She looked around and eventually saw her mother. 

     Her mother turned and softly smiled, walking up to Sam.

     "Good afternoon, sweetheart." Her mother said, her voice was sweet and caring. Her mother's smile was contagious because Sam began to smile as well.

     Sam looked over at a clock in the room. It wasn't morning at all. It was almost 2:30 in the afternoon. 'Did I really sleep that long?' She thought to herself. 

     "Hey..."

     Her mother, Eliza, knew Sam had Been going through a bad time in her life, she wanted to help her daughter in any way she could but Sam would refuse her attempts to help. Sam sighed and looked down at her mother, "Where's dad?"

     "He's in the living room watching some sports channel." Eliza said.

     Sam lightly chuckled. "Of course He is. When isn't he stuck watching some sports when he is home?" She walked away from her mother and went into the living room, seeing her father sitting in his recliner. She sat down on the couch on the opposite side of the room.

     Her father, Simon, looked over at her for a second. He smiled. "I see you've finally woken up..."

     She only nodded, continuing to look at the TV screen. She was familiar with what he was watching, it was football. She was used to the sport, growing up in Texas made the sport a hot topic to talk about. That and a few other topics but it was mostly football for her family and close friends.

     She eventually got out of her trance and looked over at him, "O-oh, Yeah. I couldn't sleep last night"

"How so?"

"I just couldn't fall asleep, thinking about the future."

     He nodded, understanding what his daughter meant. He looked back at the tv and flipped the channel to another sport, this time it was boxing. Sam knew this sport well, she competed in state championships for the sport. 

     When she was younger, she was a rather good boxer for someone her age. Taking down most of the older kids in her classes, she was definitely someone to keep an eye on. She used to watch every single boxing match that came on with her father when he was off duty. But those days were in the past. 

     Her eyes were fixed on the glowing screen, mesmerized by the fight. She didn't just watch the sport, it was more like she analyzed it. She found certain patterns in the fights, knowing when someone would hit their opponent. 

     The match at hand was the champions Doc Louis against a fighter named Glass Joe. He must be new to the ring, she hadn't heard of any boxer by the name of Glass Joe. But she knew Doc too well, he was basically an idol to her. He was what got her into boxing when she was little. Just watching him win match after match was something that encouraged her to get into boxing.

     Simon looked over at Sam, seeing her staring at the screen. He chuckled, "You still love boxing, don't you?" 

    Sam nodded. Her father remembered the years, a question came into his mind. "Little one?"

    She looked over at him. "Yes?"

 "Why don't you get back into boxing...?"

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS FIRST CHAPTER! More will come in the next chapters, soon more boxers will come into play! Anyway, LOVE YALL!