#3 Teen Fiction

WattVampires Vampires Everywhere Flash Fic - Vignette writing challenges! Prompts must be 50-200 words.

Written: August 2, 2017

Slender fingers ran over the bark of the fallen tree, sliding through the wet, sticky goop that lay thick in patches on it.

He'd been here and not to long ago at that.

Sniffing the now cold blood, Callista rose to her feet, golden locks swishing on her back. He was running, again. She could smell him, the fear that clung to him in drabs, entangling into beads of sweat that rained down the side of his face. She could hear him, his heart thrumming wildly in his chest, pumping a mile a second of blood into his system to keep him running. She could see him, just out of her reach, and waiting to be caught.

He was playing with her, enticing her. Bouncing on the heels of her bare feet, Callista launched herself over the log, skidding on the moss strewn ground of the clearing.

Thumpthumpthumpthump.

It was singing to her, a sweet melody only she understood. Spinning on her heels, feeling the all too familiar push against the gums inside of her mouth, she darted forward.

He was the prey, she was the predator. And oh, how she loved playing his game!

***
(W/C: 195)