Chapter 1-Postwar

"Look what I gooottt!" Marcelo danced into the kitchen and dropped a box in front of me, knocking my plate a little. I shot him a look that told him that I was definitely not in the mood for his morning cheeriness.

"What." I grumbled and picked at the eggs I made. Cooking was another talent that I have grown to love. As a child, I was taught from the basics such as; eggs, bacon, cake, and brownies, to the harder stuff like creme bru le, ratatouille, and a family dish with a top secret recipe passed down to me.

He raised an eyebrow at me, not use to my morning attitude. My eyes lingered on the box with items I left in Cristiano's house. A burning sensation erupted in my chest. Just the mere thought of Cristiano made my heart and head throb.

Moving out was good for me, him as well. He doesn't have to put up with me anymore, and with the method I have been taking, I don't have to see him anymore. Right after training, I run off the feild to my car so I can go home. Thanks to Marcelo, I was able to get a small car. More easier to avoid Cristiano now.

"So," I glanced at Marcelo who was still staring at me, I wanted to see if me moving out affected him at least a little. He smiled and made his way to my side of the kitchen table. "That looks good." He looked at my decorated plate of bacon and eggs and started licking his lips. Before I could blink, he grabbed my plate and started picking at it with his fingers.

"Marcelo! Get you're dirty hands off my food!"

He grinned and ate faster and starting licking the plate once he was finished. "You're one good cook, lady!"

"Any plans today?" He was now sitting next to me smiling widely. This mans attitude was so infectious, it was hard to be anything but happy when your with him.

I shook my head slowly only making the smile on his face grew wider. "Well, later on today we are going to the park. Not to play soccer though." He clapped his hands, "They added a new slide!" I couldn't help but laugh as his voice squeaked at the last sentence. "Fine fine. After training "

He suddenly groaned loudly making me jump out of my seat. "I forgot that I have to show the new kid around. He's Puerto Rican, but he grew up in America." His eyes rolled as he said 'American.'

"Oh, that's nice, what's his name?" My lips pursed,instantly, I felt bad for the new guy. If it was bad for me, imagine how bad it's going to be for him. I mean, come on, Cristiano Ronaldo is on the team. It will be fun to tease anyone else but me for a change.

"Elijah Santamaria." His fingers fiddled with the empty plate and slide it to me, expecting me to put it in dish washer. I gradually took it and placed it in, satisfied at having a somewhat clean kitchen once again.

"Elijah? Sounds like a girl name." He started chuckling and glanced at the box. "This was an awkward conversation." He nodded his head at the box.

"Awkward? How so?" I raised a brow and crossed my arms.

"He thinks we were dating because you moved in." My lips soon held a scowl as unwanted feelings circled in my stomach. "Why does he care?" I growled.

He shrugged and looked at his watch. "Damn, it's noon, you need to start getting ready."

I jumped off my seat and ran into the other room looking for my kit. "Shit! Where's my shirt???"

Marcelo walked in the room with my shirt in his hand and a smirk on his face. "Where did you-"

"Left it at his house."

My heart dropped again. Was I that much in a hurry to leave? More unwanted feelings circled in my chest and heat crawled in my face as the thought of possibly running into him later was an option. Only I need to get these feelings out of my system. I wasn't about to be in love with a man who doesn't feel the same for me.