89.) I Will Always Love You Chapter: 89

I Will Always Love You Chapter: 89

Bina POV

I sat there flabbergasted when Asha finished. This fan had such great detail about Michael's home that it seemed real! The fan even knew about the Peter Pan poster that I gave to him 2 months ago. Everything was so frighteningly accurate.

How could she possibly know about that unless she was really in there?

I didn't know if I should laugh about being bamboozled or cry because it hurt. I didn't know if I should believe what Latoya and this fan said, or wait for a response from Michael. But what kept on nagging at me was the huge elephant in the room: he was a superstar and I was just a regular girl. He had his choice of women. Any model, any actress, anyone. So, why me?

But there was still a loyal part of me that told me to wait until he told his side first, and that's what I decided to do. I kept Asha there with me to hear what he had to say too. I put the batteries back in to my walkie talkie and I called him, but all I heard was static. I called and called, but no answer each time. I was about to give up when I heard an answer, but it sounded like an accident. Before I put down the walkie talkie, I heard a name,

"...that date with Donna?" I heard Latoya's voice clearly.

"Great! That will be good press *inaudible* daughter. *muffled*" The voice was gruff and I was almost certain that it was Joseph.

"Um... *muffled*" Michael's voice rang out clearly.

"Well?" Joseph again.

"I'm busy that day. I've *muffled*" It was Michael.

"Like what?" An incredulous male voice came out. It sounded like Joseph again as he continued,

"Don't tell me *muffled* across the street?"

"Uh...um, no?" Michael said hesitantly.

"Then what? Latoya told me that she was in the yard today!"

*static*

"I don't think so..." Michael said weakly again.

"*muffled* ...with Bina? I saw you!" It sounded just like Latoya.

*static*

"No! It's not what you think!"

"Well what then, Michael? *static* something?"

"Michael. You tell me what is going *inaudible*!" It sounded like it must have been his father.

"Nothing! Really!"

"So, what? You're fooling *muffled*? Just a game?" His dad said.

"Yeah..."

"What do you mean, Michael? Today when I saw you, I could've sworn that it looked like more." Latoya said.

"She's nothing to me...really. Just a girl."

"So you're doing the date with Donna, right?" Latoya asked.

"Yeah."

I heard that perfectly clear. Michael confirming my fear. I was, what Latoya said, "Just a fling" to him, and he said it out loud. I looked to my sister and she had a tear in her eye. I, however, became cold. I felt every piercing word hit me one by one, over and over in my mind. The cold reality striking my nerve sending several emotions through me at once. And to find out that his relationship with Donna of all people was true! I couldn't believe it, and then again, I could. It all added up. Finally, after several minutes, I cried.

****later on that day****

"Barbara, the opening act can't make it tonight!" I heard my dad call frantically.

"Why not? What happened?" My mom said.

"They were in a crash. They're okay, but they can't make it! We need to find an opening act."

"Let's think. Who is available for a 15 minute set that could come in now? Can you call any of your friends Raj?"

"I've been on the phone for the past few hours first trying to figure out what happened, and then looking for a replacement! So many important people are going to be there. The MC can't get there until his set starts. Why did something like this have to happen when Richard Pryor is our headliner?"

As I listened to my parents go back and forth, I couldn't help but think of him. How I hated him for using me. How I hated him for lying to me. How I wanted to egg his house. He was monopolizing my thoughts and I thought of how much I hated that too.

You know what, good riddance. I don't need someone like that anyway.

I thought to myself. He was a load lightened for me, and at least now I knew the truth instead of going along with him not knowing that I could be replaced in the blink of an eye. I wanted so badly to give him a piece of my mind, but I didn't want to waste any more of my breath on him. Anyway I would just be trying to hurt him the way he hurt me, and I don't want to stoop to that level. I didn't want another gray brain cell of thought going to him. I knew I needed to get him off of my mind somehow, and music was the best way I knew how.

"I will be the opener." I said to my parents. They both looked at me and my mother asked,

"How would you do that?"

"I'll sing. The opener doesn't have to tell jokes, I just have to warm up the crowd. We can rehearse the songs that the band knows from open Mic night on Wednesdays and I'll fill in."

"There might be hecklers in the audience." My mother warned.

"Are you sure that you can do this?" My dad asked, taking my shoulders.

"Positive. It's going to be cool."

"Good, alright. Let's go!" My mother said. I felt a new me sprout as we left the house for the club. As our car was pulling out, I saw a black limo pull in to the Jackson compound and I wondered who it was. That thought was brushed away by the blaring radio in the car, and I got excited for the show tonight. We rolled down all the windows and sang along,

"Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass,

Seven years of bad luck, good things in your past

When you believe in things that you don't understand,

Then you suffer, Superstition ain't the way..."

As Stevie's song faded, the Disc Jockey's voice came through saying,

"And now, a top single from their album 'Get it Together,' get yourselves together to groove to this groove! Here's the Jackson 5 with 'Dancing Machine'!"

God, they are stalking my life...

Asha looked at me and then reached forward to change the station, but our mother stopped her saying,

"I like this song! Anyway, support your friends, right Bina?" She winked at me in the mirror. I said,

"Mom, you can stick a fork in me because I am done with the Jacksons."

"Uh oh, what happened?" My mother asked.

"Do I have to sue someone?" My father asked in jest. I chuckled, but then explained my stance on the Jackson family until we got to the Comedy Connection, our club. With that now off of my chest, I could fully enjoy my show tonight.