Chapter one

^ Cast ^

Teddy... 

" Your really turning down Vanessa Yourling?"  My best friend and house mate Jason asked me as were coming into our house.  We share a rental house right outside our university with our other friends Hudson, Mathew, and Kolton. 
" Yes I did.  Problem?"
" She's hot for one.  And aren't football players supposed to date cheerleaders?"  I rolled my eyes.  There's those words again.  As long as I can remember people have been telling me what I'm Supposed to do.  My classmates, teachers, parents, and even best friend.  I ignored them for the most part mainly because society is fucked up.  Your supposed to date these kind of people, your supposed to hang out with those kind of people.  Aren't football captains supposed to date cheerleaders and rich bitches? And so forth.  People are supposed to do what makes themselves happy, so that's what I do.
" No Jason."  I said, " Football players can date and spend time with who ever they want.  Doesn't have to be cheerleaders or other football players."
" Sure."  He said shaking his head.  " I swear to god your dumb ass is going to start a movement about this."  I rolled my eyes.
" Well Teddy since you don't want her just point her into the direction she should have been in the first place."  He pointed two thumbs at himself and smirked. 
" Will do."  I went into the kitchen and got two beer bottles from the fridge, handing one to Jason.  He jumped onto the counter
" You know what we should do?" He asked opening the bottle with his teeth.
" Get you dental insurance?"  The cap popped off of the bottle and fell to the floor.  He nodded and took, took a drink and held up his index finger. 
The universal signal telling someone to shut the hell up and wait commonly used by moms talking on the phone about what her and Karen are each doing for dinner.
" That."  He said pointing his finger at me.  " And host a beginning of the semester party."
" Why?  If we don't do it the Cheerleaders will."
" Because who better to host a welcome back to hell celebration, than Satan himself."  He held his hand to his chest indicating he was talking about himself.  I rolled my eyes and hit him in the fore head with my now empty beer bottle.  " Of course and his right hand man."  I rolled my eyes again and threw my bottle into the trash. 
" You do what you want."  I said and held my hands up.  " But give me a heads up so I can get the fuck out before anyone shows up."  The door bell rang
" There's your heads up."  He said and jumped off the counter to open the door.  " Hello ladies." The sound of Jason's voice came, followed by the giggling of a few girls.  This was going to be a long semester.

Scarlette...

I through myself back on my bed and looked up at the ceiling.  School... yay.  Even as the school dork I completely dreaded waking up every morning and sit through hours of lectures.  Only to repeat the process the next day.  I sat up and looked into the full body mirror across the room. 

Yes I was the school dork.

No I did not wear pig tails.

No I did not wear overalls to class.

No I did not study all day and all night.

No I did not get perfect grades.

So why exactly was I considered the school dork?

I've never kissed a guy.

I'm a virgin

I don't go out and party.

I get relatively good grades.

I use my hair brush as a microphone.

I show off my retarded dance moves to myself in the mirror.

I sing in the shower.

I don't wear revealing clothing.

The list can go on and on for miles, but there's just a few.  I studied myself in my mirror.  I had blonde and brown wavy hair that was always extremely frizzy no madder what I did with it.  I had black thick rimmed glasses that enlarged my blue eyes by times a bazillion.  I wore an oversized grey T - shirt and that went passed my pink shorts.  My hair was in a messy bun,  but not the type of messy bun where you pull out strands of hair and that you spend hours at a time trying to perfect.  No that comes naturally to me. 
* Flips hair dramatically.*
I'm talking about the messy bun that you put your hair in that half pony tail thing trying to get it out of your face and off your neck and leave it in for five days straight.  That kind of messy bun.  I didn't have the most terrific body either.  In fact I didn't have an ass or a chest almost at all.  My adoptive sister, Anna came into my room smiling. 
" Hey baby sister whatcha doing?"
" Mentally pointing out all of my insecurities and flaws."
" Oh... umm okay, well lets not do that."  She sat on the edge of my bed  " Jason Garcia is having a party tonight.  Were going." 
" I'm not."
" Please."
" No."
" Please."
" No."
" Pretty please with sugar on top.  And with cherries and sprinkles and whipped cream and cookie bits and chocolate and - "
" Why do you want me to go?"
" Because Jason's hot as hell, and I don't wanna go alone."
" Ask Kacey to go."
" She is going.  In fact she'll be here anytime now to help me force you to get ready."  I shook my head.
" No."
" Too bad." 
" Hello chica's!" I heard Kacey say in a sing song voice.  I jumped and looked back to see her standing in the doorway.  I rolled my eyes and burrito'd myself in my blanket.

A/N  Yes, burrito is a verb now. 

" She's being arrogant."  Anna stated with her arms crossed.  I rolled over and layed my face into my pillow.
" I'm comfortable leave me alone."  I said.  I felt one of the grab the blanket and rip it our from below me.  I screamed and fell onto the floor.  They both laughed.  I glared up at Kacey who was obviously the culprit considering she held the blanket in her hands.  I crossed my arms and layed on the floor.
" I don't wanna!"
" Well too bad." Kacey said "I brought you clothes because god forbid you own anything besides oversized T - shirts, hoodies, shorts, and sweat pants." She threw a bag at my face and her and Anna started looking through another bag.  I groaned, accepting that there was going to be no way out of this, and went into the bathroom.  I reached into the bag and pulled out a pair of blue jean shorts and a black long sleeve crop top that ties at the top.

They couldn't have chose something less revealing?

~*~

I looked into the bathroom mirror above the sink.  At least it wasn't ridiculously tight.  I pulled the strings at the top trying to hide what cleavage I do have,  I groaned when I realized how ridiculous I looked.  I stepped out of the bathroom.  Neither Anna or Kacey noticed me at first.  Anna was wearing a tight black  dress that made everything about her look even more perfect than usual.  Anna had black wavy hair that fell right below her shoulders.  She had grey - almost silver eyes that are so mesmerizing.  Her body was perfect too.

The way Kacey looked was also phenomenal.  She had red wavy hair, freckles covering her face and eyes the color of sea glass.  She was wearing a tight red laced dress that, like Anna, showed off every inch of her perfect figure.  Those were the people I hung out with.  Two flawless party animals... and then there was me.  She school dork. 

Anna looked up at me.  Her eyes grew to the size of gulf balls. 
" You actually look really great."  She said nodding in approval.  I rolled my eyes and sat on my bed.  Kacey laughed and sat in front of me.  " Try these."  She said.  She took my glasses off of me and handed me a small box.  I couldn't see what it was considering I'm as blind as a bat without my glasses.  " Contacts."  Anna said.  I nodded and put them in.  I blinked a few times and looked around the room. 

They didn't let me see as well as my glasses but it was better than nothing. 

Kacey handed me a pair of black heels that tie up your leg.  I slid them on my foot and after about six attempts I got them decently tied... the first one anyways.

I stood up and immediately fell on my face.  Both Anna and Kacey fell into a fit of laughter. 
" Scar your supposed to walk in them."  Anna said.  I flicked her off and used my nightstand to pull myself up.  I sighed This was going to be a long semester.