Chapter 4

They day after the waffle run night, Edgar texted me asking how my exam went and wanted to ask to hang out on Friday. Since we haven't spent time together in a while where it was just us, it sounded like a great idea. The only problem was that was two weeks ago and he kept canceling on me! At first I tried multiple times to reschedule but he kept blowing me off. After that I got the message loud and clear. 

He didn't want to see me. If he really cared, he would have tried to reschedule. I even suggested grabbing lunch or coffee. Something small that wouldn't take up too much time. I even suggested a phone call in the end. But at last he couldn't even bother to give me a call.

That made me realize how sad my life was. I only had one friend and I relied on him so much that I had nothing of my own. Not a single hobby of my own.at first I started focusing more on school. This went well until I got ahead of everything and ran out of school work. I also tried my hand at online gaming. I got pretty good at it, but it got boring fast. 

I also set out to make new friends. I started to get to know some of my classmates and found out they were huge karaoke fans. Every Friday, at 9 pm, they would go to our local karaoke bar and have a blast singing and drinking, and this was the first time I would be joining them. 

At first I sat in the back and watched my classmates interact in this setting. My classmates apparently had a game going on where they would all go up and put on a show and the one with the lamest act would buy drinks for the rest of the group. As time went on, I was able to relax and enjoy their company. It was also pretty clear that they thought I would be too shy to put on a performance and therefore lose the game. 

As the night proceeded and it was down to me and a girl named Suki left to go on stage and put on a show. I had two shots of tequila in me and was feeling great. I also made the realization that karaoke looked like a lot of fun and I kinda wanted to give it a try. I mean what do I have to lose? None of these people know me besides my classmates and we were all pretty buzzed by now.

I placed my name on the list and chose a song. The closer we got to my name, I ordered another shot of tequila.

Was I walked up, the Mc introduced me to the crowd. The song I chose was one I knew all the lyrics and choreography by heart. Baby One More Time by  Britney Spears.

When the song was over the crowd hooped and hollered. As I made my way back to my table, all my classmates all had different reactions. Some were left dumbstruck, and others laughed at my over the top performance. 

"I should have guessed you were a part of the Britney army!" Suki said in between giggles. I laughed along knowing I was in the clear of buying everyone drinks.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna grab a drink." I said as I patted Suki on the shoulder.

When I got to the bar I ordered one more shot. As the bartender poured my drink, someone spoke up behind me and made me jump. 

"I am so glad I showed up when I did. I was able to record the whole thing! I am never going to let you live that down."

Holy shit! What was Edgar doing here? The whole point was to do things without him. I grabbed my drink and slowly turned around. I knew my eyes were huge, like a deer caught in the headlights.

"How did you find me?" I ask as I picked up the shot.

"I felt bad for canceling so much and I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out. When you didn't respond to my text, I tried calling and when you didnt answer I used the friend tracking app you put on my phone."

I could feel the anger building up in me. He had the nerve to track me down when I didn't answer one text? What a damn hypocrite! "I made that for when we traveled separately we would know where the other was, not to invade each others privacy. "