3. Training

My eyes flutter open.

2:43AM

I close them.
But they open again.

2:45AM

I close them again.
But, you guessed it, they open again.

2:48AM

Then I decide I couldn't sleep. So I throw my fluffy blanket off me, sit up and grab my phone from my bedside table.

Iron-Child - Hey Pete. U up?

Spider-Lord - Yh, I'm up... What's wrong?

Iron-Child - Can't sleep

Spider-Lord - I'll be there in a sec

I close my phone and put it back on the table. Yeah, I know this might be a bit awkward because of the kiss and all from yesterday but it's just a thing we do when one of us can't sleep. We always do it, no matter what.

I then I hear the door screech, it slowly opens to reveal Peter, wearing grey sweatpants and a white science pun t-shirt. "Hey Pete." I whisper.

He slowly closes the door, "Hey" he replies. I sit up and tap on the bed next to me, signalling him to sit down. He climbs into bed with me and gently places the blanket on top of us, both of us staring at the wall.

"How're you feeling?" Peter asks softly.

"Nervous." I start, that meaning two things. One, I'm about to say now. Two, the fact that I've been kissed by my childhood best friend and he's sitting down next to me on my bed with a blanket draped over our legs. "I mean, I don't know what I'm capable of... What if I hurt you during training?" I continue. He turns his head to look at me.

"Y/nn, you won't hurt me." he starts and rubs the side of my arm. My face flushes at the contact, thank god it's dark. "I mean... I'm Spider-Man! Come on!" he whisper-shouts. I giggle at his answer, then shuffle my body around to face him. "Okay, I trust you." I say.

We both quietly examine each other's features, "S-so, I guess I'll make my way back now." Peter snaps out his trance. He pushes the blanket off of him and places his feet onto the carpeted floor.

"Wait." I blurt out.

Why am I doing this?

He stares at me, waiting for me to continue. I shuffle to the side of the bed, "Can you stay?"

~~~Time Skip~~~

My eyes flutter open. As I'm about to step out of bed, I feel a pair of warm, strong arms wrap around my waist. "5 more minutes." Peter whines with his raspy voice. I laugh as a blush creeps back onto my face.

"Peter, we have training today." I whisper in his ear. As soon as heard this he flies out of my bed and starts jumping around. I laugh again. "Well, go on. Out! I need to get ready!" I shoo him away. 

He rapidly nods, "Right, right." He states as he leaves the room.

I open my closet, we're still unpacking my things so I have been given clothes from Natasha, Black Widow, - oh my god, and Wanda - she's so cool, what. I look through my closet and take black leggings and a random sports bra and lay it out on my bed. I go to the bathroom to do my skincare routine as I have a bit of acne going on. Then tie my hair up into a ponytail, wear my clothes and throw a shirt on - for now.

Right on cue, someone knocks on my door. "Come in!" I yell, picking my bottle up. The door opens to reveal Peter, yet again, wearing black shorts and a grey tank top as he stared at his phone. "You ready?" he said, still keeping his eyes glued on the phone.