Chapter 06 - Unknown emotions, tears, and a "date"?

Y O U

I sigh and try and go to sleep once again, but I can't seem to get my brain to shut down. I don't know why, but I've been constantly thinking about Colby. I haven't even been thinking of Devyn, who's been in the hospital for a week and a half still in a coma.

"You can't sleep either?" I jump at the sound of Colby's voice. If you're wondering, it's been almost a week and a half since I've went back to my own house. I've been sleeping with Colby each night, and to say we haven't grown closer would be a lie.

"Yeah. I just can't stop thinking about some stuff, and I, just can't get my brain to shut down." I sigh. "I understand that. But here." I feel a pair of warm arms wrap around my waist, and pull me over into their chest. Of course, the only person to do so would be Colby. I'm so glad it's dark, or he would be able to see my blush. And finally, I can feel myself shutting down. All I needed was someone to hold me. I wanted to have that feeling of safety.

I feel a soft press on my forehead, and some words I'd never thought I'd hear. "When will you ever realize what you've done to me? I'm so in love with you, but you haven't realized yet." There was a sad tone in his voice, and it broke my heart. And it hurts even more because I know I don't love him like he does me. I'll just have to act like I didn't hear him.

I keep my eyes firmly pressed shut, and I start to fall asleep.

(Little timeskip)

I feel a light tickle on my cheek as I move around a bit. What the hell is that?

I open my eyes a bit, and see Colby's face right across from mine. And if I were to move any closer, I'm sure our lips would touch.

I yawn, and I reach my hands up and rub my eyes. Colby stirs a bit, and removes his arms from around my waist. Good, I have to use the bathroom anyways.

I stand up, and I make my way over to his bathroom, flipping on the light, I look at myself in the mirror. I sigh. I look terrible.

I grab my brush, and I run it through my hair, I brush my teeth, and I get a pair of Colby's joggers, and one of his hoodies as well as his snapback, and I throw it on. I'm feeling too lazy to try and dress up today.

I walk back into me and Colby's shared room, and I hear a whistle. I look over at Colby, and I see him look me up and down.

"Damn, you look hot." I roll my eyes. Colby and his perverted comments. "Yeah yeah quickstep. Go get dressed." He smirks. "Whatever princess. I'm sure you just was begging to see me naked." I fake gag in disgust. "Ew, hell no Colby. Now go." I give him a hard glare, and I see hurt pass through his eyes.

Shit. I shouldn't have been so hostile. "Yeah, alright. I'll see you downstairs." I can feel my heart speed up. Why am I acting like this? So hostile all of a sudden.

Well I have no clue, but I do know I need to apologise to Colby. I'll do it when he goes downstairs in a bit. But for now, I'm going to go get my breakfast.

I make my way downstairs, all the while thinking about Colby and how he acted, and what I could see from his eyes. They do say your eyes are the pathway to your soul.

But it kills me to say that I hurt Colby. And I just said last night that I didn't like him. I think I was really just trying convince myself that I'm not falling for him, but in reality, I am.

I sigh and tub my temples. All these feelings and thoughts has given me a headache.

I go over to their cabinets and I search for something that will help ease the headache.

I finally find some medicine after searching for at least 10 minutes. Finally, I can get rid of my headache. I grab a glass, and the pills, and I down the water with the pills. I see Colby come down the stairs as I finish my cup of water, and he has a very sad expression on his face.

I need to apologise to him now. It's the least I could do for hurting him earlier.

I walk over to Colby, and I look up at his face. His beautiful blue eyes scan mine as if searching for something. Something little. Something that's there, but just is not being shown.

I grab his face, as I realize he's crying. I wipe under his eyes, wiping away his tears. He seems to realize he just started crying. "Hey Colby." I say it quietly, and he just looks at me. "I wanted to apologise for earlier. For the way I acted." He shakes his head. "You're fine princess. I was just having my morning emotions." It seems like those emotions just came in now. And the dam has a crack in it, and the water just wants to break through, but isn't.

"But I really am sorry." He nods his head, and I hug him tightly, him hugging me back just the same. " Hey Colby?" He makes a hum sound. "How would you like to spend the day with me, nobody else but me." His eyes seem to light up at the sound of my offer. "Kinda like a date?" I giggle. You know what. If it makes him happy. "Yeah, kind of like a date." He beams a breath-taking smile at me. "That sounds amazing. I would love too."

I smile at him and I make my way up the stairs back to our shared bedroom to get ready for our "date." Hm, sounds a lot better now that I think about it.

——————————————————————
What's up guys, it's Katie Brock here! So, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It originally was going to be something else. Something along the lines of Devyn. But then I figured I would make you/her realize your/her feelings, and then maybe give Colby a chance. I'm thinking you guys get together around chapter 15? I know it's going to be past 10 chapters. I don't want them to get together too early.

Although they have know each other for over two weeks in this book now. So yeah. And that picture, honestly looks like Colby  cried himself to sleep, and didn't go to sleep till late.

(Something I do every night.)

And I'm so sorry this chapter is up so late. I didn't have much time to write it today. So this chapter as well is a little rushed. So I'm sorry if it's bad. I'm hoping the one tomorrow will be a lot better since it's their date day thing.

This is edited.