Chapter Four - Sunshine

"Wherever you go, no matter the weather, bring your own sunshine."

Chapter Four // "Sunshine"

A star. A bright burning star in the center of our solar system. People on Earth call this star the Sun.

It's hot, but that makes sense. It's burning at millions of degrees this very second.

You know, I generally dislike the feeling of too much sun on the skin; sweating and burning aren't really the best sensations a person can experience. However, feeling the warmth from a ray of sunshine the day after a century of rain is something I can definitely appreciate.

This isn't me saying I don't like rain either- I like the rain a lot actually. But, the thing is, (having to do with science and other things) humans need their dose of Vitamin D or they get too emotional. And pale.

I've overheard some of the guys I know saying all those sun-kissed women strolling around the city lately have caught their attention. And while my brothers would never approve, my 16 year old self needs some attention only a boyfriend of myself could ever provide.

Buck's.

Wait, no.

My mind conflicted with myself for a moment, questioning how I could ever spend time at some place that is so atrocious. My brothers would look down upon me if they found out I've ever even considered going there. However... that wouldn't be the most horrible thing they'll ever have to go through. I pondered for a bit, but let that thought go. What boy could I find there, anyway?

As I chose my outfit for the day and trudged my way to the small bathroom I have for myself, basically tripping over my own feet as I did so, my mind wandered to another topic it didn't stay long on. Last night, I had a horrible dream. So bad that I had to visit the kitchen sink right after for a glass of cold water.

It was eerie, to say the least. Haunting, too. But life works on in a way where both the good and bad are temporary. Plus, today is Sunday, which means it's Pancake Day (my favorite day of the week).

Unlike my brothers, who are so fond over chocolate cake and drool at the mention of anything in relation to it- my tastebuds have a keen liking to flavors and textures of the light and fluffy. And drenched with maple syrup made from ol' Aunt Jemima herself, no breakfast is more pleasing to me than pancakes.

When I was 11, I was tired of the fact my brothers constantly ruled the life around me. Sports, tv, comics... I was so tired of it I was able to convince my Mama that Sunday breakfast should be mine. Don't be so quick to judge, though! If you lived with my brothers you'd know they eat chocolate cake, eggs, or toast and not let any room for anything else!

On Sundays, the gang also comes over to eat breakfast... and truth be told, I have a liking for one certain member of the gang. Despite his hard exterior, he seemed soft on the inside. He cared for people (for the gang, at least) but had a tough time showing it. To me, Dallas Winston was too passionate about life for his own good. 

A/N: Hey everyone. it's been forever since I last updated this story. I actually had this chapter in my drafts for a long time, and I added a few words to it just now. So sorry for it being so short. I'm gonna try to keep working on it soon. <3