Chapter 8

~Irene's POV~

I dug through my drawers, finding a pair of basketball shorts and a tee, tossing them at Benny as I grabbed a pair of my sweatpants and a tee of my own. Benny slipped into my bathroom as I quickly changed. Benny emerged, struggling to keep the sweatpants up on his waist. I chuckled, shaking my head, "You tie them tighter, dork." He looked at me with red cheeks, "I can't do it when I have to hold them up, they're that big." I shrugged as I stepped over and tied the drawstring of the pants. I felt my cheeks burn as did Benny's, and when I stepped back, I turned back towards the hallway, "Follow me, now." I made my way to the foyer, "So, upstairs is all the bedrooms. There's five bedrooms including mine and two and a half bathrooms. Downstairs is the living room, the kitchen, the library, the music room, and as I call it the den but it's really a movie slash game room."

"Alright, well, best for last, of course," Benny laughed. "You've already seen the kitchen and the living room," I smiled, leading the way through the rooms as I spoke, "And this is the library." I pushed the door open, watching as Benny's eyes widened at the tons and tons of bookcases that spread around the room. "Are these just books you've gathered?"

 "Are these just books you've gathered?"

"Yeah. Most of my things came from yard sales or houses that were abandoned or foreclosed."

"Wow," Benny breathed, making his way over to one specific section, the Sci-Fi section. "They're sorted alphabetically according to the author's last name," I smiled, watching as he searched for a specific book. He must've found it as he flipped to the front cover, "This is a first edition!"

"Most of them are," I smiled, "but there's more to see. The music room is this way." Benny put the book back carefully, as if it were glass, and rushed to follow me. We climbed a small staircase which opened to my music room.

Benny let out a gasp as our feet quietly tapped against the hardwood

Benny let out a gasp as our feet quietly tapped against the hardwood. "I haven't gotten anything for soundproofing it yet."

"Do you know how to play all of these?"

"Well, all but one. There's one I just got that I'm super excited about," I smiled, noticing Benny's mouth drop open. My face burned red, "I've had a lot of time."