2%

"Dean, stop fighting with your sister. It's bad enough that I have to live with you both, but we're in a tiny car for an hour, please wait until we're home." mom grumbled from the front seat, Dean behind her, me in the passenger seat because I was the eldest. BOOYA!

It's been a long two weeks. Yes, mom told us we were moving to another continent two weeks before moving. Oh well. I wasn't really leaving any friends behind, maybe one, but we promised to keep in touch. The only thing I would miss the most, would be my best friend Charlie that I've known since freshman year of high school.

"How's Charlie taking the move?" mom asked, pulling off the highway, nearing the city of Sydney. I sighed, pulling my head off the cool window. "She was bummed, but promised to come out and visit once in a while." I told her, brushing my purple hair out of face. Mom switched hands on the steering wheel and smiled at me from the side.

"It'll get better, Hun, I promise." she reassured, Dean groaning from the back. I rolled my eyes and turned around to catch a glimpse of him shoving his earbuds in his ears.

"Would you stop groaning? We are literally entering Hot Girl Land Of Accents. I thought you would be more excited?" I questioned his oddness. He shot me a cold stare and tugged his earbuds out of his ears, the music loud enough that I could hear Mötley Crüe playing. A smile tugged on my lips.

"Im ecstatic that there are girls with accents, but do you really have to play that Marina chick? I get it, she's hot, but really? It's like you play it everywhere we go." He mumbled.

"Because Marina is KT's wife, Dean. Have some respect for your sister-in-law." Mom playfully scolded while looking into the rear view mirror at him. Dean rolled his eyes and groaned even louder than before.

I placed my head back on the window, looking at the beautiful Sydney scenery. The clouds were placed at random, almost looking like perfects balls of fluff, or cotton candy. I'm going to say fluff, too many people describe clouds as food.

We were driving on a busy road, about to turn into a neighborhood. The cars around us were filled with other families, laughing. The light turned green as our car turned into the neighborhood. I glanced up at the houses with nice trim yards and big white houses. Children played in the yards, while parents sat in porches drinking cool glasses of water. I don't blame them. Australian weather was brutal in the summer. I was expecting mom to buy a smaller house, not one straight out of season one of American Horror Story. But who am I kidding, I loved it.

Mom slowly pulled into long driveway, shaded with trees and bushes. The muffled sound of birds chirping filled my ears and made me smile. This place was beyond beautiful. We eventually pulled up to a huge house- our house that looked like the sister of Murder House. Oh my God.

"Mom! You didn't tell me we were moving into Murder House!" I scolded her, practically jumping out of the car, backpack in hand. I marveled up at the house, taking in it's beauty slowly. Dean roughly shoved past me and stomped up the stairs.

"Are you gonna stand there all day and look at the house or are you gonna look around inside?" mom snickered from behind me, pushing past me to the house. What is with this family and shoving each other? I bit back a smile as I walked over the walking stones to the front door and opened it with my free hand, the other occupied by my Marina And The Diamonds CD from the car.

"Oh my God." I breathed as I stepped through. It looked almost the same as Murder House. Okay, now I was freaked out. Really? Murder House? Now all I need to do is find a hot ghost boy who dresses like Kurt Cobain and I'm all set.

"Yes KT I know we moved into the "Murder House" or whatever you call it but I swear to God if you start doing all the weird shit in the show, you're sleeping in the garage." Mom warned, pointing a finger at me. I smirked.

"So, have we picked rooms yet?" I asked, making my way to the staircase and looking back at mom. She shook her head and looked behind her for Dean before swiftly walking towards me.

"We haven't, but if you want a good room, I suggest picking now before your brother becomes bored with his phone." She advised, jabbing her thumb in the direction of Dean too engrossed in his phone to even be interested in what's going on.

I nodded my head and gave her a thumbs up while making my way up the stairs, one stair at a time. The dark oak wood wasn't much of a contrast against my black patent doc marten boots at all. The smooth railing made my hand tingle with goosebumps as I took notice on how cold it was to touch.

I made it to the second floor that was equipped with a wide hallway and three doors on the sides. Two on the right, one on the left. I stepped to the left, ready to turn the doorknob, with my other hand placed on the strap of my backpack. I turned the knob and peeked inside to see what I was expecting to see: a toilet. I shrugged. At least it has nice bathrooms. I closed the door and sidestepped to the right, opening the door right away. Inside was a medium sized room with a closet door on the opposite wall from the entry door and a window on the left, looking out at the city. It was nice, but not what I wanted. Call me picky, but hey, it's Murder House. I closed the door softly as possible and opened the last door. It was a smaller room, with a window seat placed in the same area as the last one, and a closet door to my right. Still not my room. I shut the door with a sigh. I wasn't really expecting a room of my dreams, but were there only two? No, there couldn't be. Mom would never let Dean and I share a room, we would kill each other on the first night.

"There has got to be another room around here somewhere," I said to myself, not like anyone was here. My boots made small thuds on the floorboards as I saw another doorway at the turn of the hallway. Another room, maybe? I turned the doorknob and it slammed against the wall, making me back up in surprise. I didn't even push that hard! Did I?

It was slightly dark, I could see a staircase leading upwards, almost begging me to climb it.

"Hey Hun! Find a room?" mom smiled while setting a box down on the coffee table. I must've been upstairs for a long time if the movers were already here.

"Yeah, it's the only one on the third floor, kinda like a mini apartment almost. "I told her as I stuck my phone back in my pocket after checking the time. 6:45 PM. Mom rose an eyebrow at my room choice.

"The only one on the third floor? That's funny, I actually picked that one out for you." She smiled. I smiled back as I started on another box for my room. I only had two more boxes, my furniture would be placed in there later tonight by the movers and my suitcases were already up there.

"Well, I'm off to unpack," I told her while walking up the stairs again. I walked through the hallway of the second floor, spying into Dean's new room. "Ugh, KT do you know where the play station is?" He asked while rolling around in his chair. I shook my head. Liar, I had it in the box in my hands, along with my new Xbox I bought with Charlie.

"Sorry Dean, maybe one of the movers haven't brought it in yet?" I lied. He nodded and pushed past me to the staircase. I chuckled to myself as I opened up the door to my new bedroom, going up the staircase.

My room must've been for a study or something, because it was abnormally large. The first door in the small third floor hallway was a bathroom on the left and my bedroom on the right. I opened up my door and almost dropped the play station box to the floor. There was a boy peering over my bay window out to the moving trucks.

Almost paralyzed with fear, I slung my backpack in front of me to use as protection.

"Who are are you and what are you doing in my room?" I snapped, taking a step foreward and shutting my door. Now he had no where to hide.

The boy slowly turned around, his curly hair messily pushed back with a bandana. To my surprise, the boy smiled at me, walking towards me, making me clutch my backpack closer to me, now shaking in fear.

"I'm Ashton, you must be the new owners of the house."

-
HEY HEY SECOND CHAPTER THANKS FOR THE READS!!