15. Kiss Me Nighty Night

In the silence of the night the Xia household was pitch black except for a lone light that shone in the kitchen. A silhouette tiptoed quietly across the room and made a beeline for the fridge in the far corner. Whereas another figure in the bedroom turned over in his sleep as it desperately searched for the warm body to nestle into.

Sensing the warmth on the sheet yet not being able to touch the person made Yu Hao to awaken from his slumber. Eager eyes panned the room in search of Zi Xuan but the said guy was nowhere to be found. The alarm on the bedside table showed that it was only a bit after half past one.

Where could he have gone in the middle of the night?

With sleep laden eyes Yu Hao dragged himself from the bed and opened the bathroom door to find that it was empty. Turning around he willed his feet out the bedroom. The moment he walked out his hand came up to shield his eyes from the light that was radiating from the kitchen. As he rubbed his eyes to dispel the sleep in them, they landed on the tall profile near the fridge.

"What are you doing?"

Yu Hao's voice pierced through the silence of the kitchen followed by a deep yawn. Hearing the sudden noise caused Zi Xuan to jump in fright. Seeing that it was Yu Hao a smile crept up his lips not quite reaching his ears. His face painted the expression of a thief caught in the act. He picked up a glass and poured himself water from the jar on the kitchen table.

"I'm hungry." Zi Xuan pouted as he drank from the glass.

The moment Yu Hao heard those words the sleep that was gathered in his eyes vanished. He immediately walked towards Zi Xuan and scolded him.

"Then why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were sleeping so soundly that I didn't have the heart to disturb you. Hence I took it upon myself to find something in the kitchen."

Yu Hao observed the boy standing in front of him. His hair stood on end, the black orbs now devoid of glasses and still groggy with sleep were like tiny slits. Combined with the expression that was playing on his face was too cute to ignore. A chuckle escaped Yu Hao's lips as he shook his head at Zi Xuan.

"Alright sit here without making a sound, I'll find you something to eat."

Bending his waist he perused the contents of the fridge. They were snacks remaining from the evening but they were too oily to eat in the night so chucked the option.

"Should I cook some instant noodles for you?"

Zi Xuan whined at the suggestion. "No~~~~instant noodles will take a while to cook. My tummy is making weird noises, just get me something quickly. Right now anything will do."

The eyebrows on Yu Hao's forehead creased with worry. He didn't want Zi Xuan to suffer from an upset tummy later on due to consumption feom these oily snacks hence he looked for some other alternative. He found a plastic container and pulled it out. Hoping it might contain something good he curiously opened the lid. His eyes twinkled when he saw the box filled with dumplings. He was sure that it wasn't here this evening. Maybe his mom must've have bought it for him when she had come home today. He was so overjoyed that he could literally kiss his mom awake from her beauty sleep, consequences be damned.

Yu Hao emptied the dumplings on a plate and heated it in the microwave. Once it was heated he walked over to Zi Xuan and placed the dumpling in front of him accompanied by the sauce in a small bowl.

"There you go......dig in."

Zi Xuan happily picked one dumpling with the chop sticks, dipped it in sauce and put it in his mouth. The taste of the delicious shrimp filling hit the palate of his mouth eliciting a contented moan from him.