Chapter 3: Enter Apollo

Percy's POV

"Jason man that sounds crazy. Sorry that y'all had to split like that." Percy was Iris-Messaging Jason inside his cabin. His buddy looked distraught but like he accepted it.

"It's whatever. How are things over there?", Jason asks.

Percy is about to answer when his door slams open!
Percy clicks Riptide automatically and turns towards his cabin's entrance. He stops when he sees it's Nico.

"Nico? What is it? What have we said about knocking."

"This is no time for jokes." Nico falters when he sees that Percy is Iris-Messaging Jason.

"Hey Nico. What is it?" Jason asks concerned.

Nico sighs and looks at both Percy and Jason.
"Frank's dead."

Percy stares at Nico in shock, but Nico's next words petrify him.

"We also have reasonable suspicion that it was Leo who did it."

Leo's POV

A panicked Leo quickly ran around Bunker 9, burning everything. Blueprints, ideas, everything had to go. He knew in his heart, he wouldn't be coming back to this place, and if he did it wouldn't be as an ally.

After the deed was done, Leo went to the spot in the forest where had hidden Festus and activates him.
The golden dragon creaks and looks at Leo mournfully.

"Hey buddy. Look I have to be going okay?"

Festus creaks at him in surprise.

"Yeah, I know. I'll be fine. I want you to stay with Harley okay?"

Festus wraps his tail around Leo in a hug, then sadly walks away. Leo sighs as he watches his friend leave. He then resumes his mission.

The mortal Apollo was complaining to the girl who had came with him about something. Not being noticed he guessed. Leo scoffs, "Gods. Always thinking they're above everyone else."

Leo feels himself getting angrier and angrier. It was gods just like Apollo who broke their oath, who treat demigods like they're disposable. Apollo would be the first in his long list of targets. They all would have to learn the hard way...

Leo changes his face to one of feigned happiness as he emerges from the bushes and heads towards Apollo. Prepared to strike and hold up his end of the bargain he made with Triumvirate Holdings...

Will's POV

"This is very ill news", Chiron says sadly. He fiddles with Frank's Centurion Medal in his hands as he looks down. "We can no longer be content to leave Leo to himself."

Will nods to him. "Chiron it was horrible. There was nothing I could do..just stare helpless.."

Chiron stands from his wheelchair, appearing as his full self. "Will", he places a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "You mustn't blame yourself. By delivering Frank's message to me, you have done well. We must act quickly however..."

Will looks at him, "Whatever do you mean?"

"It won't take long for word to spread throughout the camp, both camps. And as soon as New Rome hears about this, you can guarantee they will act-"

Chiron falters as Reyna, Hazel, Dakota, and Jason suddenly appear from the shadows of Chiron's desk!

"Chiron! Is it true?", Reyna demands.

Jason stammers, "Leo would never."

Hazel however stares silently as she moves across the room, spotting Frank's clothes in Chiron and Will's hands. She grabs them from Will, her hands trembling.