Vaith Everett

A raven haired girl ran through the burning town, dragging her unconscious sister behind her. She couldn't see anymore. All the ash and tears made a barrier around her eyes blocking out the light. Pieces of the flaming buildings fell down all around her. All she knew was that she was hurt and her sister could be dead. Her breathing was ragged as she hauled herself closer and closer to the edge of the town. Her leg throbbed with immense pain. But she couldn't stop. She had to save her and her sister, she couldn't just leave the life that they had worked so hard to keep.

A large plank fell from the burning church, slashing right across her eye. A scream of agony escaped her lips as she fell to her knees. Sticky crimson liquid ran down her cheek. She had just lost the use and vision of her eye. Agony overwhelmed her. The hard cobblestone scrapes her knees. She slowly rise back in her feet, she would not give up. She trudged forward once again. She tried as hard as she could to not pay attention to her now useless eye.

After what felt like hours she felt ashy grass prickle her feet. The heat was still intense, but the ash was starting to clear from the air. Limping forward a little more, she collapsed down on the ground. She was hurt everywhere. She didn't know if her sister was even still alive, but she hoped she was, for if she wasn't, Vaith would be all alone in the unforgiving world of remnant.

She crawled over to her sister, feeling around for a pulse. A pained sigh of relief escaped her lips when she felt a light heartbeat.

Wrapping her arms around her sister's torso, she started to limp farther away from the burning town. The only place she knew.

Whimpering from the pain in her leg and struggling to focus away from the agony of her eye, she made it about a mile away when she tripped on her bad leg and fell hard on the ground. Letting out a cry of pain as the side of her head collided with the rocky ground. She tried to get up again but her body betrayed her and she once again fell to the ground. She let out choked sob as she pulled her sister tight to her chest. Burying her bloodied face in the other girls tangled blue hair she started to drift to sleep.

Dawn...

Her eye fluttered open. The subtle scent of smoke drifting in the air. Her sister was still asleep beside her.

Birds chirped softly in the cool morning. She only was able to enjoy the scene for a second before the pain of the injury's she acquired the previous night hit her full force. Only then did she realize she couldn't see out of her right eye. The full extent of the girls injuries were also made clear in the morning light.

Scrapes littered both child's bodies, some still bleeding slightly. Vaith probably injured her ankle and leg pretty bad and the side of her head was adorned with a large cut from her tripping last night. Her sister looked like she had a concussion and maybe a broken arm but nothing as bad as Vaith.

In just one night their entire world was torn to shreds. She couldn't believe it. They had been orphans for as long as they could remember, parents probably abandoned them someplace when they were born. They were found and sent to an orphanage where they spent most of their lives. The staff there clearly loathed the girls. Besides the fact that they were trouble makers, the girls were faunus. Wolf faunus to be exact.

A rustle in the brush snapped her out her thoughts. A women, looks to be around twenty, with strikingly emerald eyes emerged from the tall bushes. Vaith scrabbled back, afraid of the person. The women took one look at the girls and her heart melted. These poor girls are alone. "It's okay, I won't hurt you." The women spoke gently, crouching down to their level. "My name is Alice Walkers. What's yours?" Vaith looked at the women, apparently named Alice, timidly and whispered "I'm Vaith. My sisters name is Hycynth." Alice smiled warmly, she knew exactly where to take these girls. "Well Vaith," she said "I have a great place to take you. It has beautiful valleys and an amazing group of ladies who will happily except a new member." That sparked the girl's interest. She nodded excitedly, regretting it immediately as pain seized her eye even harder.

Alice held out her hand. The small raven haired girl looked at the emerald eyed women, and took the hand. Alice grinned widely at this. Picking up Hycynth, she started back on her way.

To the Everett Tribe.

Home of the women.

———————————————
So, how do you like it?
There will be a chapter dedicated to the background of each character. Note that I did somewhat introduce two characters in this chapter, but I did't get elaborate on her personality. I'm really happy on how this chapter turned out. I just hope it was long enough.
Anyways, enough blabbering,
Comment! Vote! And follow meeeee