Chapter 27. Deal

{Location: Chen's island/Skylor's room}(Skylor's POV)

My stomach growls. I'm hungry. But I don't wanna go anywhere. I manage to sit up, leaning against my bed. I need to get this guilt off my chest. I want to talk to someone, from my past. Not my Dad or Clouse. I want Clover. Or Sam. Or Mom.

And I can't.

Sam and Clover are hiding and Mom..Mom...

My knees come up to my chest. I didn't save her. Even at my strongest, I couldn't-

"Ahem," Clouse opens my door, folding his arms and looking depressed himself, "Your father wishes to see you for the morning meal."

"He wants to beat me for breakfast." My voice is filled with dry venom. I want it to sting but I don't care enough to make it hurt, "Fun."

"Do not think so lowly of your father," Clouse doesn't smile like his emo-goth self. Probably upset that his 'prized' student Sam is missing. He steps out, holding up his fingers for some kind of magic, "He just goes through a lot of moods."

"Fine," I roll onto my feet. I guess I'm a little hungry. I follow Clouse, I just kinda mope. I really don't want to be anywhere near my father but what's the point? Yeah I have my true potential unlocked but he has all the power.

In the dining room, Father is chewing on a massive chicken leg, "NIN!" He swallows, "Skylor, my favorite daughter. How have you been?"

I sit as far away as I can. Kneeling at the table while folding my napkin onto my lap, "You seem chipper."

His crazed smile twitches, "I just received good news." He closes his eyes, "But I don't want to talk about me," that's a first, "I want to know how you are." He gives a rather unconvincing smile.

What's his game? I feel like I hate you, I'm scared of you but I'm too tired to express either of those, "Fine."

"Aw," he gets out of his chair, comes to me and wraps his arms around me. I feel my hands shake beyond my control. Waiting for his arms to slide up and choke me. Only he just holds me. "I know it's hard losing things like your friends, your mother and how sudden this all feels."

He's not like this? Is he sick? He never hugs me. Only when...oh. Why didn't I figure that out sooner? I endure his hold, "What do you want, father?"

"Well," he lets go, spinning on his heel until he slams his back end into the table, he sits high on it, smiling kindly, "Rember how I said there was good news?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, it is about Garmadon." Father starts playing with the wax fruit, rolling a grape between his fingers, "Recently, one of his brother's students's DIED!"

"How..aaa" Awful? Awesome? What does he want me to say?

"PErfect," he crushes the grape between his fingers, "It was the white one, Zebra. Zap. Zuop. Clouse helps me out here."

Clouse nods as he stands in front of the door, "Zane."

Father snaps his fingers, "That's the one. Anyway, Zero died while fighting the Overlord. But," Father half sings his words as he starts beaming with a smile, "He's a robot. My sources tell me he's being reassembled in New Ninjago City."

"This is good how?"

"He's almost done reconstructing himself," Father's lips twitch with joy, "The plan is simple. Kidnap him and use his as leverage against Garmadon and his 'family.' Gah!"

"One question," I get onto my feet in trying to not get smacked as he half spins around in excitement, "How do we get him here? It's not like you or Clouse can leave. And I don't think your other students are cut out to kidnap someone of this importance."