Chapter 27 - Sister in Law

Sister in Law

"Pamir stop." Ezzah cut him off. Pamir in confusion glanced over at her.

"I am sorry I did not mean to cut in like that but can we have a minute alone with Zareen?" She asked Baabaa Jaani. Although Baabaa Jaani did not appreciate the way Ezzah cut in between yet he still understood what she did and why she did. Their family did not have the chance to talk about it in depth due to Baba Jaani, who was trying to speed things up. Nodding his head, he let her do what she wanted to do.

On a slow pace due to her starting month and her heavier body weight from the usual, by Pamir beside her, Ezzah took both the siblings towards the exit of the grand room. Zareen was quite all this time and Ezzah did not want Pamir to take her silence as her agreement to whatever Pamir thinks or wants.

"Why did you stop me?" Pamir asked as he made Ezzah sit on the chair by the door. Sighing a little in reflex she looked over at Pamir and then at Zareen.

"What were you about to say?" Ezzah asked with an unreadable expression.

"Ezzah you should not be stressing about this." Pamir shook his head at her.

"I am asking you Pamir not expecting you to be convincing me otherwise," Ezzah said a little frustrated.

If he was about to do to her what he did to me. So, Allah help me or I will push him off the tallest mountain in this region, Ezzah thought.

"Fine, I was going to say that we want a divorce for her." The causality in Pamir's tone was enough for Ezzah to see red and Zareen to have a breakdown.

"Are you kidding me? Seriously! Have you not learned anything from the past?" Ezzah said aggressively as she slapped his leg in anger as he was standing beside her.

"What did I do?" Pamir looked at Ezzah in misunderstanding horror. To him, he was doing the right thing.

This man will make me pull my hairs to the point that they will stop growing. Ezzah thought but her chain of thoughts broke when she heard a small sob from Zareen.

"Zareen why are you crying. I am getting you out of this InshaAllah." Pamir said as he took her into a side hug and the sob became louder.

"You fudging idiot! Get away from her and for the sake of Allah, shut up." Ezzah said as she took Zareen's hand and pulled her enough that Zareen was standing right in front of her. Ezzah looked upwards at her sobbing but hanging face.

"Tell me what you want?" Ezzah asked Zareen but Pamir being the impulsive one did not let her speak.

"What do you think she wants, Ezzah? The marriage was not decided but it just happened due to an unscrupulous situation. You heard what her mother side. She had a talk with Olasyar's grandfather. He told her everything. They were stuck but now they don't have to be." Pamir kept on talking while Ezzah just rolled her eyes.

"Are you done? The last time I checked you weren't Zareen. So before I kick you out of my room and make you sleep in this cold area of Naran, which is pretty cold by the way without a jacket or a blanket, I do advice you to not butt in." Ezzah said strain-ly that caused Pamir to gap at her like a fish. Since she was pregnant, she could be sweet all the time or be this angry at the other. Pamir was trying to catch up with her mood swings but when she gets pissed, there is nothing much to do but just to calm her down by agreeing to whatever she says.

"Zareen, I want you to place this in your head. It's your life so it's your call. What do you want? You want to live with Olasyar or you want to go home with us. No one is going to blame you for your decision." Ezzah said and Zareen looked at her and in an instant hugged her.