Chapter 18

»

"Annyeong." I smiled at the boys when I arrive at the basketball court. "Where's Hyukjae?" Kyuhyun ask, "I thought he will be here already." I say.

I put my bag down on the floor, "did you guys fight?" Donghae approaches me. "Ani..." I shake my head in response.

After the kiss last night, it became awkward between us. More awkward than it already was. "Why are your cheeks so red?" Ryeowook joins in on our conversation.

"What happened between you both?" Kyuhyun steps in. The three boys look at me, waiting for me to answer. I gulp, this is nerve wrecking.

"I kissed him last night." I say in a low tone, my head lowered because I am embarrassed.

"What?" Donghae's eyes widen, "are you serious? Are you guys finally getting together now?" Ryeowook grabs my arm.

"I don't know, Oppa... He didn't talk to me since then." I sigh, "I shouldn't have kissed him, Oppa. Eottokae?" I look up at Kyuhyun, worriedly.

Donghae puts his hand on my head, "its okay, we still love you." Ryeowook smiles at me and did the same, "he's probably flustered." Kyuhyun says.

"So, since when did you like Hyukjae?" Donghae rubs my head gently, "yeah.. Since when?" Ryeowook raises his eyebrows at me. "Since we were 16." I answered honestly.

There's no point keeping secrets now, I kissed him last night; me and my dumb mouth.

"Oh... Kwon Chae-Young lost her first kiss at the age of 18, everybody!" Ryeowook announces loudly. "You're wrong." Yesung arrives, "she was 16 and she lost it to Hyukjae."

"Heol!" Donghae slaps my back lightly, "yah why did you hit her?" Eunhyuk shouts from a distance away.

"Omo, he's here. Let's stop talking." I grab the basketball and went to practice my shooting.

The rest of the day, Eunhyuk and I barely spoke. We still went home together though, in silence.

I got off at my stop with Yesung, "annyeong Oppa." I wave goodbye to Ryeowook. "Are you okay?" Yesung ask as we slowly walk back to our home.

"I am fine." I flash a small smile at him, "can I come over later? I have something to ask you." Yesung says.

"Sure." I pat his back and went into my house. I went to take a long shower and ate ramyun for dinner.

I sit on the bed wearing Eunhyuk's hoodie and his basketball shorts. Yesung comes in with score sheets in his hands, "I need your guitar."

I got off my bed and grab my acoustic guitar at the corner of my room, "I need you to play." He passes the score sheets to me.

"Okay, that will be $100." I put my hand out, Yesung put the sheets on my hand. "I don't care." Yesung turns away from me and sits down on the floor.

I place the papers on the bed and adjusted my guitar, "is this for Hye-Rin?" I ask, skimming through the lyrics. "Uh... Yeah." Yesung's face turn red.

"Oh cute!" I cooed, "I will help you." I grin. After a glance at the notes, I start playing on the guitar.

I play it once and look at Yesung, "are you going to sing?"

"Oh right," Yesung takes out a recorder and press record.

Did you have a hard day?

Yesung sings, I raise my eyebrows in surprise. His voice is low and it sounds soothing.

You can complain to me
Did something make you almost cry?
It's alright, look at me

Yesung looks up at me with a small smile on his face.

At the place where the starlight gathers, I'll be waiting
Close your eyes and fly, I'll hug you

The song ends and he stops the recording. "Why are you crying?" Yesung drops his recorder on the floor and get up, "Oppa, its a great song." Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Oh gomawo Chae-Youngie, but why are you crying?" Yesung puts his hands to my face, wiping the tears away.

"Because its a great song-"

"What is going on?" I snap my head to my door, "are you guys together?" Eunhyuk looks kind of sad...

"I already have someone, don't worry." Yesung assures him, "gomawo Youngie, I will buy you dinner." Yesung left by the front door.

"What brings you here?" I put my guitar to where it belong, "err..." He walks around my room. "To get my hoodie back." He points to the hoodie I am currently wearing.

Oh no, this is the comfiest hoodie. I do not want to give it back to him.

"Do you want me to strip right now?" I grab the hem of the hoodie, "don't!" Eunhyuk put his hands up.

"Then why do you want me to take it off? Are you jealous?" I lean my chest forward, teasing him. "Jealous? For?" Eunhyuk looks away from me.

He turns his back to me, for whatever reason, I feel like hugging him right now.

"What brings you here? Seriously." I ask once again.

"I need to talk to you, we did not talk for the whole day." Eunhyuk answers, sitting on the bean bag chair.

I sit on the edge of my bed with a wide smile on my face, "why are you so happy?" Eunhyuk ask.

"Why are you so jealous?" I retorted.

"Aish." Eunhyuk rolls his eyes at me, "I am not jealous."

And there goes our night, not talking about the kiss that happened once again. Instead, we talked about the future; what universities we want to enroll in etc.

I guess, the kiss meant nothing to him.