Him

*next day*

I had already woken up and eaten the breakfast Olivia made. Well she didn't really make it. It was cereal. It was still good though.

We had to go out and buy me new clothes. I was still getting used to the idea of just being out of a coma for four years. Four years wasted. And I'm not even well rested.

I was now twenty. I need a job, clothes of my own, a place to live, and learn to adult. I mean I'm almost legal to drink!

~the next month~

About a week ago I moved into a small apartment, but it was enough for just me. And of course, I found a job. It was at a cafe about a 10 minute walk from my apartment.

But I only found one inconvenience about it. ...I had to wear a super short black dress since I'm a waitress. It was right around my upper body, but loose from my mid torso down, creating a flowing skirt like thing on the dress.

I worked Monday-Friday from 10-5 every week. But it pays decently and it's not like it's a bad job. It's actually pretty great.

And today is a Friday, meaning I had to work. I get hit on by people all the time. It sucks. Oh who suspected Ellie Haddix would end up being gorgeous? No one. Because I'm not. Im honestly really average looking.

But of course, getting hit on still happened. And I was prepared for that today.

I slipped my dress on with matching black flats. I brushed my hair out, and straightened it. Then I did my usual makeup routine. I pushed my glasses up my face, and then left for work - walking of course.

Once I was at work, I realized only one other person was working besides me. My only friend that actually works here. Adam. He's gay and is super tall. He's got wavy light brown hair with hazel eyes that looked orangish in my opinion. And he had a jawline THAT COULD PROBABLY CUT IF YOU TOUCHED IT.

He of course doesn't have to wear a dress. Just a black button up with black jeans as well as matching black shoes. Black looks formal I'm guessing is what the owners thought. I mean I guess it can.

"Hey Adam!" I smiled.

"YES ITS JUST ME AND YOU WORKING TODAY! OKAY SO I GOTTA SPILL SONE TEA WITH YOU SIS." He smiled brightly, walking up to me. I sat on top of the table with the cash register on it, still not making it up to his height of course.

"Spill." I smirked at him.

"I went to get ice cream with my sister June and there was this super hot guy working the shop. And he ended up writing his number on the napkin he handed me with my ice cream." Adam squealed. I could tell he was trying to hold back a smile, but couldn't.

"Did you text him?!" I screeched, smiling as well. Suddenly the bell went off, signaling someone walked in. "I'll get this customer." I told Adam. A guy walked in with another guy who resembled him, but looked to be about 26 while both Adam and I are 20.

I walked over to the two who were seated and asked, "Hello! My name is Ellie and I will be your waitress today! So what can I get you guys?" I asked, plastering a half fake, half real smile on my face. It was only real because I was happy for Adam at the moment.

"Hello Ellie! I would like just an iced coffee with french vanilla creamer." The younger one said with a slight British accent to his voice. I had only just now gotten a good look at him. He had deep brown eyes with strawberry blonde, curly hair. Freckles were scattered along his lightly tanned cheeks.

the other male had unnatural bleached blonde hair with glistening green eyes to match. "I'll take a cinnamon bagel with regular cream cheese." The other male nodded. I scribbled down their orders, then headed back into the kitchen.

As I was making their orders, Adam walked in with a blush along his cheeks. "Yes Adam?" I asked, starting the coffee machine, and pulling out our homemade coffee creamer - french vanilla.

"H-he texted me."

"Oo what'd he say." I smirked, cutting the cinnamon bagel. Adam decided to help and grabbed out the whipped cream cheese.

"H-he wants to meet up..like on a date..."

"WAIT THIS GUY WAS ACTUALLY LGBT?!" I shrieked.

"YES! AND HE ASKED ME ON A DATE!"I finished spreading the cream cheese on the bagel, then closed the bagel.

"And~ what'd you say~" I smirked.

"I haven't responded yet...I really don't wanna go alone. Babe can you go with me?!" Adam begged.

"I'm not third wheeling!" I told him, finishing up the first male's coffee.

"Then get yourself a date." He chuckled.

"Like I could ever do that." I smirked at him.

"You're hot stuff Ellie! If I wasn't gay, I'd totally fall for you!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. I playfully rolled my eyes, and then walked out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going? You gotta answer me~!" Adam follows me as I bring the guys their food.

"If there's anything else you need me for, just call for me or get this douche." I giggled, looking over at Adam.

"Will do." The younger one laughed. I walked back to Adam, and we began to keep spilling the tea.

"Go get that hot guys number!" He whisper yelled, ushering me in the direction of the younger one.

"No!" I whisper fought back.

"If I have to I will write your number down on a napkin and then put your name at the bottom than drop it by the table before they leave!" He argued, still whispering.

"Fine then! I'll act like I'm going on my break and you bring them their tab!"

"Ellie I know you! You're going to actually go on break!" He glared.

"Correct my compadre!" I giggled, heading back to the break room.

I sat down on one of the couches, and pulled out my phone.

1 message from Liv<3

I opened my phone, curious to why she'd be texting me at this time. It's odd because she never texts me during work.

Liv~ remember your hot boyfriend from highschool?!

Me~ I wasn't single in high school?

Liv~ Uh no! Did you for get him as well?!

Me~semms so
Me~seems*

Liv~ Ace? That name ring a bell?

Me~ sounds familiar, can't imagine the face

Liv~ ugh I'll explain later

Me~ okay...lahve you ;)

Liv~ Love you too bbg

Ace sounds so familiar...he was my apparent high school sweetheart..I wonder what she meant by trying to even trigger my memory of him...