Remember

"Ugh..." I moaned as my eyes fluttered open. My head was throbbing. Before I had time to properly register the pain, I heard my family next to my bed.

My mom covered her mouth with her hand, trying to muffle her sobs, dad was squeezing my hand gently, as if I were a fragile China doll and (s/n) was crying.

"What's going on?" I asked them. My voice was groggy. That's when I felt another presence next to me. I turned my head to see Shawn Mendes. His eyes were brimming with unfalling tears. Why on earth is Shawn Mendes in my room?

That's when it hit me, this was not my room. "Where am I?" I asked, frightened. Shawn spoke. "You're in the hospital, love, you fell and hit your head...you were in a coma for two days." He said, his voice breaking towards the end.

Just then, the doctor walked in. "Ah, miss (l/n)! You're awake. Now, you hit your head pretty badly, and may not remember a few things. They could be simple, like what the last movie you watched was or more serious, like forgetting a family member." He said.

He must have seen the terrified look on my face, because he laughed. "Don't worry, everything should come back to you within a week at the least."

"I remember my family, " I said gesturing towards them, "but, not to be rude or anything, I'm not to sure why Shawn Mendes is in my hospital room..." I said.

I looked over at him and the tears that had once been brimming in his eyes were now slowly racing down his cheeks. "You don't remember anything?" He asked hoarsely. "No, I'm sorry." I said.

He hung his head. The doctor cleared his throat awkwardly. "Like I said, everything will come back within a week, latest. But you seem to be doing fine, beside a bit of memory loss, so you will be allowed to return home this afternoon." He said cheerfully.

Later that afternoon, Shawn came to pick me up. "Will you be taking me to my parents house?" I ask him, once we're settled in the car. He sighed. "If you want, or you could come home with me. You see, (y/n), I know you don't remember, but we were ... or rather are... in a long term relationship. We even moved in together a few weeks ago."

I struggled to grasp this concept. I turned to ask him a question, but instead felt his lips connecting to mine. As they hit mine, I was flooded with memories.

Memories of Shawn and myself: going to prom together, our first date, moving in together, our first kiss on the beach, snuggling in bed andwatching my favorite movie, waiting backstage for him to finish concerts. I remembered everything.

He pulled away. "I'm so, so sorry, I know you don't remember and everything so this is all probably really weird. Ah, that was stupid of me, I'm sorry." He says, running his hands through his hair anxious as to how I'll react. I shake my head and gently kiss him again. I feel him stiffen against me before melting into the kiss and wrapping his arms round me. I pull away, breathlessly, but manage to get out two important words:

"I remember."

------------------
(A/n) Quite cringey, but still quite cute. If you were wondering, (s/n) means siblings name.