chapter nine

sawyerisflynn : like ships in the night

63 likes

jessdavis : TEXT ME NOW
jessdavis : THIS BETTER NOT BE MONTY
zachdemps: whoever this is, better treat my s right.
sawyerisflynn : love ya zachy @/zachdemps
montydelacruz : hoe
brycewalker : fr ^
tonyscar : back off @/montydelacruz @/brycewalker
montydelacruz: or what?

sawyerisflynn disabled comments.

-

as sawyer walked into school, two things were on her mind right now. seeing jessica before she had to go to court and tyler.

two days before.

sawyer had her hands on the piano and tyler was directing her on which key to press next. she had picked it up pretty quickly.

she smiled as she started to get the hang of it. but she wasn't the only smiling. "it's like you're a natural" tyler stated, earning a chuckle from the girl sitting next to him, who's hands went down to her lap and off the piano.

"you know, you're the impressive one here. you're great at photography, you can play the piano, you're wonderfully smart." sawyer shrugged and their eyes connected.

"uh, sawyer, i um, i really like you" tyler says sweetly. he was sweet, after all. he got a smile out of her so maybe he had done something good.

"like, you like like me? like you have a crush on me?" sawyer wondered, earning a blush from tyler.

"uh, yeah. for as long as i can remember i have actually" he said, she smiled in response. "but if you don't feel the same way it's completely fine" tyler stuttered along.

sawyer cut him off with a kiss. and the memory ended.

both of them agreed to keep their relationship a little bit of a secret, well a mystery because everyone knew she had someone. they just had no idea who exactly.

when sawyer walked into school, she wore a blue strapless shirt with a pink jean jacket and matching pink shorts. she immediately ran to jessica's locker. jess was dressed up with her hair straightened, clearly ready for court.

"hey jess, how are you feeling? i love your hair" sawyer smiled, hoping not to have her voice sound too fake or forced.

"how do you think i am, s? this is gonna be one of the worst days of my life. and all they think it is is that stupid list." jessica ranted, earning an understanding nod from the blonde as she remembered that stupid list.

sawyer stood talking to a few guys, zach, justin, alex, etc, in their communications class. zach looked at the girl in front of her, "you see this?" he asked, handing her a piece of paper.

sawyer looked at the paper, one column stated 'hot' and the other stated 'not'. their were many different categories 'best lips', 'worst lips', 'best ass', 'worst ass'.

and sawyer found her name, all the way at best face. she shrugged proudly. "got one thing right" she smirked before handing it off to the next person.

it was a different time, it was back when sawyer would've never blinked twice at tyler down being bullied, where her reputation came before her friends.

the selfish and self consumed bitch that was more proud of having the best face to even noticed her friends like hannah baker and jessica davis wouldn't get good results from the list.

sawyer went back into her reality and looked towards jessica "that stupid list" she shook her head.

the bell rang and the two walked from jessica's locker "hey, who was that guy on your instagram?" she asked, sawyer trusted jess so she whispered the answer in her ear.

jessica's jaw dropped, she couldn't believe it. actually she could. but a year ago, she wouldn't have.

"guess i'll have to talk to this camera boy" jessica maliciously smiled which cause sawyer to roll her eyes.

"nothing that will embarrass me!" she stated loudly stopping dead in her tracks as montgomery approaches her.

"so you really are a slut, huh?" he shook his head as he got even closer to sawyer. but monty's actions made for an angry zach dempsey.

"back off monty" zach shook his head, earning montgomery turning around. clearly angry. getting farther away from sawyer and closer to zach.

"is it you? are you the one messing around with  sawyer?" montgomery asked, his eyebrows raised. his face getting red out of anger.

"and what if i am?" zach asks, but he got no response since a teacher yelled for the group to go to class.

sawyer goes over to zach, her bag on her side "what the hell was that? are you gonna actually make everyone think you and i are together?" she shook her head, in disbelief and anger.

"would you rather have them think you're dating me or tyler down?" zach asks her, crossing his arms. "i have your back, s"

"how do you know about that?" sawyer takes a few deep breaths, she didn't want to betray tyler by having the whole school found out about them.

"i know about hidden relationships. and you two went past my house last night. i'm dumb but i can tell that you guys care about each other." zach nods "just get the focus off of you and tyler, that's all i want to do"

sawyer shrugs with a nod before walking off too first period which she luckily shared with tyler.

at lunch, jessica was at trial so she had to find a new table to sit at, she looked around. sitting with zach would piss tyler off since he didn't yet know about zach.

sawyer walked over to cyrus and tyler's table, most of their squad wasn't there which confused her. but she ignored it and looked down towards the two, and the redhead she knew as mackenzie.

"is this seat taken?" she raises an eyebrow, earning the three all shaking their head. so she took a seat, next to mackenzie and across from cyrus.

"so princess, what brings you to the emo table?" cyrus asks, towards the girl.

// i haven't updated in so long i am so sorry, i have just been vv distracted! but i hope i can start updating more!! also we reached 1k reads, can you believe????

words : 1030