19.

Six Months Later
Faye Dawson
"Happy six month anniversary!" I said bouncing out of my house in my pyjamas as I saw Thomas leave his house, him too in pyjamas. I met him at the bottom of my porch and flung myself into his arms. He wrapped his long arms around me and I squeezed him tightly.
"Happy anniversary" he said and I looked up at him.
"What's wrong?" I said and led him inside.
"My leaving day is just coming so close so fast and I really don't want to leave. But no matter how hard I've tried to persuade  them my parents won't let me stay. The good news is. We're not selling the house so that's my compromise. If I want to come back I can live in that house. Right next to you" he said giving me another hug. I nodded and we went up to my room.
"I want to take you out" Tom said as we walked up the stairs. "Yeah. I'm going to take you out." He smiled running back down the stairs.
"What?!" I yelled laughing.
"I'll pick you up in two hours!" He ran back out of my house into his own like a little child.
"You would never think that he's nearly nineteen would you" Mum laughed and I nodded.

I was just finishing straightening my hair sat cross legged on the floor dressed in underwear and a long tshirt when the doorbell rang.
I panicked and picked up my phone. That couldn't be Thomas. It's not been two hours.
"Faye! Come here please!" Mum yelled and I groaned turning off my straighteners. I ran down stairs to see my mother stood with her arms crossed. Shawn stood in the doorway in casual clothing and his eyes went a bit wider as he saw me.
I hadn't spoken to him in months. Our tutoring had stopped and we hadn't texted. The only time we spoke was in class. "It's ok Mum. We'll talk upstairs" I nodded and she let him in rolling her eyes and going back into the lounge.
I nodded my head towards the stairs and heard Shawns heavy footsteps close behind me.

My thoughts turned on me when we stepped foot in my room. Shawn closed the door and pinned me against it pushing his lips on mine. For a good few moments I gave into him. I gave into the kiss, but realised what I was doing and pushed him away.
"What the fuck?! We haven't spoken in months and now this?!" I yelled at him and he breathed heavily messing up his hair.
"I've watched you every day arrive and leave school with him. I've seen you kiss him and laugh with him and I can't help but want that to be me. I've just let you slip away because you looked happy but I've realised that I want you to be happy wit me. Not him." Shawn breathed. I couldn't really fathom what he was saying. It didn't make sense in my head.
"Shawn I,"
"Shh. Can I please just have this moment with you? Unless you tell me you don't have any feelings for me" he said and I dug deep down within me.

I looked up into his big beautiful brown eyes and looked at his perfect hair and his inviting lips and I couldn't resist him. He was gorgeous and I wanted him.
"I-I do have feelings for you Shawn" I managed to get out before he came closer to me again grabbing my tshirt and pulling me to him.
"That's all I needed to hear" he said before kissing my cheek gently. I ran my fingertips under his shirt and over his toned skin as his hand did the same on my body.
"This is wrong Shawn" I breathed out as his kissed attacked my neck.
"It's perfectly wrong" he smiled as his fingers drew patterns over my bare skin. I glanced over at my clock and pushed Shawn off me.

I threw off my tshirt and slipped on the dress I had planned to wear. I brushed my hair over and checked that my makeup hadn't smudged.
"What's going on?" Shawn said lying on my bed.
"You need to leave. Thomas is going to be here any minute" I said yet Shawn didn't look phased at all. Instead he remained on my bed.
"Let him see" he laughed and I hit his chest. "Ok fine but I'll text you" he said and I pushed him down the stairs and to the door.
"Text me back" he whispered as he put his shoes on and I rolled my eyes.
"Ok fine" I gave in and pushed him out the door just in time before Thomas came to get me.

"Where are we?" I asked as Thomas led me up this huge hill on the outskirts of town.
"I like to come here when I want to think and get away from it all" he said as we got to the top.
Like a gentleman, he put out a blanket and started unpacking all the junk food he could out of this wooden basket. I smiled as I sat and watched him strategically place each item out.
"This is so sweet" I blushed and he nodded.
"I don't know when we'll get to do this again because of all the crazy shit coming up" he said honestly which made me upset to think we didn't have long left.
"I'll miss you you know" I sighed and Thomas took a hold of my hand.
"I'll miss you too Dawson. But I'll come back to visit all the time" he smiled. "Besides you'll bag a boyfriend soon enough to keep you company" if only he knew about Shawn.

I wanted to tell him about all that has happened with Shawn but there was a part of me that couldn't do it. I couldn't. I wanted to enjoy these few months left with him.
"You'll get a pretty American girl I'm sure" I smiled.
"None as pretty as you"
"Oh shut up. Cringe" I laughed and he joined in my laughter.
"Thank you for giving us a chance" he said kissing my cheek.
"I'm glad I did. I've enjoyed being with you Thomas" and I had enjoyed being with him. But now Shawn had popped up again ruining my mind and possibly my loyalty to Thomas. But as Thomas' leaving day and prom and graduation all cake closer my thoughts were all over the place. I didn't know what I wanted. And that was probably the worst position I could be in.