Chapter 2: Flight Fiasco

The plane lifted off and Somin let a small sigh escape. Finally. She would be free. Free from heat, free from work, free from strenuous everything. Her boss hadn't wanted her to take off, but Somin hadn't missed a single day in over two years, so she was free to go.
A snore from the seat next to Somin startled her. After a long argument with the boys, they decided Jaehyun should sit with her, since they both knew each other well. And now he was snoring away and left her with no one to talk to for the next hour or so. Which was rather unfortunate, as Somin had a minor fear of planes.
"It's only a hour. It's ok." She whispered to herself.
"Acting crazy, are you now? Well well well, you fit right in!"
Somin whipped around with a gasp to see Doyoung grinning at her.
"Is he missing with you again?" Taeyong asked with a grin. "I have to give him credit; he always finds to pretty ones to tease."
Somin lowered her eyes and smiled slightly.
"You must mean her then." She replied cooly, pointing to the woman in front of them.
"Nope, pretty sure it's you." He replied with a wink.
"Taeyong, quit flirting with every girl that lives and breathes!" Ten exclaimed with a solid thwack to the back of Taeyong's head.
Doyoung nodded and agreed, "He's always like this."
Somin felt her heart slow, and was shocked to find she was disappointed that Taeyong was like that to everyone, not just her. Couldn't she just get one hot guy who actually liked her?
"Somin, are you bored with the resident sloth up there?" Lucas called from across the isle.
She laughed as the other boys started inviting her to sit with them.
"It's ok. I'll stay up here. He sleeps all the time when he's over at my house. The time he's most alert is when we've got food." She said with a giggle.
"He sleeps over at your house?" Kun said incredously.
"I mean, not usually, but yeah, we've been over at each other's all night before."
Doyoung open and closed his mouth in shock, while Mark piped up.
"So, are you dating? Does that mean...Jaehyun has a secret girlfriend?"
At this idea, Somin exploded into the biggest fit of giggles ever.
"No way," she cried. "We've been friends since we were like, 6. Of course we're comfortable enough to sleep over at each other's. No way are we dating."
The other boys were rather surprised.
"Well, when he said he was inviting a girl, we all kinda assumed...." Jungwoo said with a lopsided smile.
"Oh no. Nothing like that."
As Somin said this, Jaehyun shifted and rested his head on her shoulder while he continued to sleep. When she made no move to remove it, Doyoung raised his eyebrows.
"You sure?"
"Yes, we've been best friends for over 10 years."
"Ok then."
After that was said and done, and awkward silence descended upon them, until the plane finally landed.
After waking up Jaehyun, they unloaded and headed off to their hotel.
Once they arrived everyone one was stunned at it's luxury.
"Dude, how did you get this hotel?" Mark asked Lucas.
"My great-aunt runs it." He replied with a dismissive wave. "She invited me a lot, and I took her up on her offer. You can thank me later." He laughed, completing his act with a wink.
The boys all rolled thier eyes and just sighed.
As they went up to thier rooms, Jaehyun announced Somin was rooming with him, since he couldn't trust the others with her. As he said this, Doyoung glanced at her and wiggled his eyebrows with a grin that seemed refer back to the airplane conversation. Somin rolled her eyes and went in to the room with Jaehyun to unpack.
An hour later, they all gathered again to go find a restaurant to eat at. They had fun daring each other do get weird dishes, then everyone eating them together. It was a nice night where she was able to see each of the boys for who they were. She could see how they all got along so well, and she knew she fit right into the circle.
After a long walk around, they finally returned to thier hotel around 11. Somin was incredibly tired, but lying there, she just couldn't sleep. The hotel showcased a strip of the beautiful beach, so she went down to sit by the water. As she let the waves lap at her toes, she heard a noise behind her. Her heart began to beat quickly as she thought that someone was coming for her. This was to be her end.
But as she turned around to face the noise, she was shocked.
"Somin?"