sixteen

"oW fuCK that hurts." Peter cried out a bit.
I touched his face with an alcohol soaked cotton ball. "I'm sorry, but I need to clean it." I lightly dabbed his wound with ball. He winced a bit again. "Do you want me to stop?" I asked him with a small pout. "No, it's okay" he sighed a bit. "How did you even do this?" I asked him, but I wasn't really expecting an answer.

"I'm serious about what I said up there." I spoke, "Yeah me too." He answered. "It was wrong of me to be selfish like that- I didn't even let you say anything- I was just so worried that you would get-" "you protecting me isn't being selfish, but I'm telling you, I'd rather be at risk, than not be with you at all." I smiled and he was going to say something but his lips shut again.
I let it be.

"Oh, I have one more." He said, referring to his wound. I rolled my eyes and stepped back, waiting for him to show me. He hopped off the counter and touched something, the slim fitting, flattering, famous suit loosened and fell to the floor. The fabric gathered at his ankles and he stood in only his boxers.
I swallowed hard, and all thoughts of his toned, beautiful body immediately hit the floor with the suit as he spun around and two deep gashes along his back made me gasp.

"P-Peter." "What, is it bad? It stings a bit, but it doesn't hurt that much." He tried to touch it, but I pushed his hand away.
"What the fuck were you doing?" I lightly touched his back, the warm muscles under my fingertips were relaxed, they tensed when I ever so gently touched him. "Saving the world." He scoffed, I knew he was smiling even though his back was to me.

"Your suit has no marks on it though." I began cleaning the cuts. He sighed, "I got ambushed, some box was thrown at my head-" he pointed to the cut on his cheek. "-but I put my mask on before they saw me, then I y'know obviously didn't have time to put the rest of the suit on, so.... yeah." He said wincing when I touched him with the cotton ball.
"Sorry- do you know who it was?" He shook his head no.
"They must've just been trying rob me, I don't know, I do know that I freaked them right out, like SIKE, I'm actuallY SPIDER-MAN." He waved his arms around and we both laughed.

I made him a tea, and gave him some oversized trackpants.
"Think you should say it again." Peter said in my ear, coming up from behind me and wrapping his arms around me. "I love you." I smiled. And he squeezed me, I could feel him shiver when I said it. "I-I love you." He breathed out. Like it felt good to say it, to finally let it out. I turned around.

"I want you to know how sorry I am."
"You were just trying to protect me peter"
"No, look at us, you're thin and pale, and black is an understatement of how dark my under eyes are. I haven't slept. You haven't eaten, I fucked this up pretty bad."
"It's what heartbreak does; it's what risk does. It's okay, I'm just glad you're here now." I hugged him properly, his warm skin making me feel better, his heart thudded in his chest and he hugged me back tightly. This all seemed so crazy to have had such a harsh effect on us both, but Peter making me feel safer than I've ever felt- and suddenly leaving, it really showed me just how much I cared about him, -I loved him.

"We're gonna make this all okay again." He looked down at me and ran a his thumb along my jaw. He looked me up and down. "I missed you." He said a bit quieter now.
"You have no idea." I mumbled.
"Oh, I think I do." He growled and he gripped the collar of my shirt and pulled me in for a kiss, I melted into his hold and kissed him back with my all. I felt my headache go away, I felt my skin get a bit warmer, he placed his lips on my forehead. "We need sleep." He laughed a bit, resting his forehead on mine. I nodded.

I wrapped my fingers around his and pulled him into the bedroom. "We're going out for whatever meal we wake up in time for, on me. But after I pass the fuck out."
"Guess I'll take work off, I gotta call MJ, I'll be there in a sec." I sighed and threw the blanket over peter.

"Hey MJ, I got a funny story for you." I said when she picked up.
"Hit me."
"So this "fever" has honestly just been me heartbroken over a boy-"
"Peter. I'll kill him."
"Nononon, were okay now, he's actually passed out in my bed."
"oooooOOOOOO"
"And Im begging you to give me to tomorrow off, I have a few questions to ask him , please ple-"
"Yeah of course babe, you deserve it, Have fun, i love you, night"
And she hung up with that, a smile in her voice.

She was happy I was better. I was eternally thankful.
I walked back in to see Peter literally passed out.