Reunited

(Stealth elf POV)

We did our best to keep up our pace with Flameslinger as he ran across the forest floor. Was he ever just holding back whenever he knew we were running alongside him? I jumped and jumped, getting tired as I kept up with the quick footed archer. Until all of a sudden, the trees became too thick and we lost him. Spyro and Cynder couldn't see from where they were flying, and so many branches were in my face I didn't even know what kind of tree I was in. I slashed branches out of my way and carefully made my way down, turning invisible in case he was around. It was really dark, and I could tell there were lots of roots sticking out of the ground. I know he could have seen them, but did he have enough time to react?. The fading fire trail stopped right at one, meaning he must've tripped and was sent flying considering his speed. But a look of pure horror came across my face, when I noticed the steep ledge just up ahead, not too far from the root.

"No..." I said, "h-he can't be..."

(Flameslinger POV)

I woke up groggily in an unfamiliar bedroom, a sharp pain running down my spine as I sat up. I couldn't really recall anything that really happened. I just remembered running along the forest floor, before tripping and blacking out.

As I looked around the room, the door opened and an elven woman stepped inside with a tray of food, only to look at me in shock, dropping her things. I was confused, until I noticed my blindfold neatly folded on the bedside table. I looked back at her with a look of confusion and concern, but she stepped closer to me. She was crying.

"I-it's you..." She said, holding my face in her hands, "you made it out... Your okay..."  My eyes widened as I suddenly realized who it was. "Y-yona!" I said, ignoring my aching back and jumping up to hug her. "I thought I'd never see you again!" She said, holding me tightly. "I tHoughT u Wer ded..." I said, my voice slightly slurred still. "Oh you've gotten so big!" She said, "how did you get away!? Did you get too hurt!?" Then Yona stopped herself. "Oh my gosh! YOU'RE HURT RIGHT NOW!" She exclaimed, carefully laying me back in bed. "The doctor said you had a pretty nasty fall! At least it will only take a week to heal properly, you just have to stay in bed for the first two days before you can move again," she explained. I quickly remembered that sharp pain, and nodded, thankfully it wasn't serious.

Suddenly, someone else walked in. "Yona, who is this?" An elven man asked, looking at me confused. Though his eyes widened when he noticed my eyes. "Thoro, this is Flame," she explained, before turning to me. "Flame, this man is my husband, Thoro."

She got married? I had to know how she met this guy. "H-hoW di yoo..." I started, but she started to answer my question before I finished. "When the guards left me for dead, Thoro found me. Though everyone else was skeptical of me, he looked past the ragged uniform I was in and took care of me..." She said, looking up at him with a smile. "A few years later, here we are," said Thoro with a smile, walking over to his wife. "She told me about you, though I didn't really know she was serious about your eyes. A little brother of Yona's is always a welcome guest."

I smiled, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to find a new life after the hell we went through. However Thoro's face turned a little serious as he turned to talk to Yona.

"Yona, Flame may not be the only injured boy we're taking care of..." He said. "What do you mean?" Yona asked. "You wouldn't believe it, but a purple dragon accidentally stepped in one of the bear traps I set for the greebles walking around lately. His two friends are worried about him, but I think he'll be okay. He'll be good in a week..." He admitted.

"Sp...Spyro...?" I managed to say, confused. What was Spyro doing here? "You know him?" Asked Thoro. I nodded in response, and Thoro thought for a minute. "After I bandage him up, I'll bring him and his friends to see you, is that fine?" He asked. I nodded, Yona giving me a confused look as Thoro left.