-31-

"Jiyong!"she called him as if she just noticed him. "Hey..."she poked his arm since he's not responding to her at all.

"You slept over at his house?"he asked her sternly.

"Well yes. But we had separate rooms so nothing happened."

Jiyong frowned and grabbed her hand before pulling her into the restaurant. He led her to the back of the locker room and crossed his arms as he leaned against one of the lockers.

"I'm sorry for worrying you. And for hanging up on you this morning," she apologized sincerely.

"That's not it Taeyeon-a. Why...didn't you call me first when you ran away from home? I could have offered you a place to stay and I thought you would call Heechul at least after something like that happened at your house..."

Taeyeon stared at him with a puzzled look plastered on her face.

"I'm not the first person you thought about..." he trailed off, starting to regret what he just said.

"I'm sorry...Baekhyun just, his name just flashed in my mind when I was panicking, so I called him first..."she said quietly. "I didn't think about what I should do next, my instinct was to call him," she continued and looked up at him, hoping that he could understand.

"I don't understand this. Aren't we your friends? You only knew the dude when he started to walk back into your life, like two months ago."

"I know I acted rashly. But I trust him."

"Didn't you say that he broke your heart two years ago? And you forgave him already?"

"It was a misunderstanding-"

"He told you that and you believed him?"

"Why are you so mad about this?"she asked him. "I apologized and I feel really bad for not picking up the phone. But I don't think that I should tell you why I forgave Baekhyun and why I am with him."

Kwon Jiyong's face dropped and he looked away as he straightened his back away from the locker. "Forget about it," he mumbled and left the locker room, leaving her alone in there feeling confused.

She heaved a heavy sigh and opened the door of her locker to grab her uniform. She probably did something wrong to Jiyong but she still doesn't know what she did wrong.

After changing into her uniform, she decided to help out in the kitchen since Jiyong is serving the customers. She felt like she should give Jiyong some space to cool down. Jiyong's older sister who is helping out in the kitchen noticed the tension between Taeyeon and her little brother.

By the end of the day, she noticed her little brother gone from his post. So while they were cleaning up the restaurant, she approached Taeyeon who is cleaning the tables.

"Taeyeon-a, I have a task for you," she said. "Carry this bucket of dishes to the back."

"Oh okay."

Taeyeon dragged the bucket to the back of the restaurant and kicked open the door with her foot. She almost jumped when she found out that Jiyong is washing the first bucket of dishes at the back.

She kept her mouth shut as she placed the bucket beside him. Jiyong didn't look up at her once as he continued to wash the dishes by hand. Taeyeon noticed his fingers were getting a bit pruny because they were exposed to water for too long. She quickly went back to the kitchen to grab a pair of gloves and handed it to Jiyong.

"Pink isn't really my color."

"Just wear it," Taeyeon grabbed his hands and helped him to put on the gloves one by one. Jiyong could only stare at her in admiration as she helped him put it on.