0.1

I take a cigarette out of the pack and light it. I take a drag.

Technically, we aren't supposed to smoke on school grounds. But we are allowed to eat our lunch in the wooded area behind the school. Still school grounds, but no one can see you.

I come back here every day for my lunch period. I don't eat lunch but it's my smoke and chill break. I look like a total emo asshole though. Girl with purple hair in a leather black jacket, all black clothes and black doc martens? Oh yeah don't forget the septum ring and four tattoos.

It's no wonder I don't really have too many friends. People are kind of afraid of me. I give off bad vibes I guess which is understandable in high school.

I honestly don't give a fuck about anyone in this school. Except for my friend Eve but we hardly hang out anymore. I love her to death but she's hanging with a different crowd now.

The school bell rings, indicating that it's time to go back to class unfortunately. I contemplate ditching, because it would be so easy right now, but the thought slips my mind and I head back into the school for Biology 2.

"Hey there's the emo bitch!!" I hear a familiar voice say from behind me. The voice belongs to the one and only Scotty Williams who has tormented me since the 6th grade.

I give him the finger, showing off my shiny, long black claws and keep walking towards class.

-3 hours later-

After driving back home, which takes literally 5 minutes, I play my music and change into comfortable clothes. With my earbuds in my ears, I head outside to the backyard to read.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see our neighbor outside with what seems to be his younger sibling. I've known of our neighbors for well over 7 years but have never spoken a word to them.

I do know the 17 year old boy who lives there though. His name is Calum, prefers to go by Cal, and we have art class together. We've also never spoken.

He's captain of the soccer team and he's actually really good. He has muscular arms and he also has two tattoos. I'm glad I'm not the only high schooler with tattoos.

He runs his hands through his curly black hair and looks in my direction. Fuck. I was staring.

I quickly look away and hope he makes nothing of it. I don't care about this boy. I don't really care about anyone. My parents are never home, and I'm an only child.

I also happen to know that Calum's family is wealthy. Calum gets whatever he wants whenever he wants. And it drags along all the peppy girls from my school. They're all clones. 

I take out one of my earbuds because "perfect boy" Calum is making his way over to the fence.

"Hey." Calum shouts over to me as if I can't hear him.

"Can I help you?" I ask my neighbor.

"Well.. I guess. If you're going to sit under a canopy, why even be outside?" He asks me and I'm shocked. Our first words ever spoken to each other and he comments on my vampire like state.

"Allergic to the sun." I lie with heavy sarcasm.

"Right... maybe you could use the sun. You're whiter than white." Calum speaks to me and I chuckle.

"I like my paleness, thanks very much."

"Uh huh. And what's your name?"

"Its Kalyn" I answer him, even though he should know from having class with me.

"Alright bye then Katelyn." Calum says and turns on his heel to go back inside. Before I can correct him, the door is already shut.