xi. dreadful wanderlust

Sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to get this out there, because I feel very tired. I already had the first scene written and the first paragraph of the second scene written. I just needed to write the rest. Finished my math project, so that's great! Needless to say, I am very tired! But, I wanted to get a chapter out no matter what today! So, enjoy the shorter chapter!

The world had grown into a black pit of death and despair. Everyone in this messed up world was succumbing to its wrath as everyone was scared out of their minds. They wanted their world to be good. They thought that they would be the last official survivors, but people escaped before them. Everyone was terrified of what they turned earth into -- a savage world that was a shadow of its former self.

The newly free wanderlust had managed to turn being framed for her brother's death into a good thing. While, to her, still felt like a shame, it did mean she could travel the world without her brother constantly nagging? Sure, there was that, but, the dreaded wanderlust knew that she'd forever be helpless in her search for happiness.

The girl knew her home was growing farther and farther away from her which each step that she took. She knew that she could never return home to the place that she cared about the most. She knew that any home would be better then none, and knew that any piece of evidence backed against the idea of her being innocent would be seen as illegitimate.

She walked around without a home or anything, until she knew the one place for her to return safely to. Her one home that she / thought / that she had good connections with. In these times of feeling alone, and scared of being killed off by any oncoming attackers, the dreadful wanderlust knew that she would be able to count on her. If they helped her survive Sileo Day, they'd help her now.

She got there, and headed down the stairs of the rusty cinder blocks the foundation was defined with. The clanging of the foot to the ground, and the hands to the railing echo'd, the echo booming with such severity.

She came to the base ground, and saw the train-stations rotting mold around the edge of the rails of which the train was glued onto. She knocked on the door, a tear rolling down her cheek. You have to stay strong, she told herself, not wanting to be seen as weak in these tough times. In these times where, those who she thought were her friends took their masks off, and revealed their true identity, as if they were catfishes playing mind-games with innocent young teenagers.

"Hey," A girl opened the car up, "Mare! Hello, how are you doing?" The girl, around her height smiled.

"I'm good, mind if I join your group? My group turned on me." Mare admitted, sadly.

"Yeah, sure." The girl said, and then gave Mare some room.

Mare came in, "thanks," she said, and then sat down on one of the benches in the train, as she then looked at everyone else awkwardly. She ditched them for family, and now, things just felt awkward.

"That's the girl who killed Leo Barrow," The one said. "I never thought you'd be a traitor and a murderer."

Mare was terrified. What if they wanted her blood because she was rumored to have taken the life of one of her own flesh and blood. She was saddened that not one single person actually took her word. Even those that she thought would trust her till the very end. She wished someone actually believed her.

The girl who had invited Mare in, and took her in as one of them just looked at the person accusing her of the murderous actions. Here, down in the train station, murder was a heavy subject. There was no way they could take in a murderer and allow her to stay there, not even if it was only an accusation or three. If one was spread, they're claimed dead, was their motto in terms of the murder laws for their clan. Risking it would be too deadly for anyone.

The girl grabbed grabbed Mare and kicked her behind her back, causing her to collapse on the ground, making sure she'd be able to rebel against them. She was not going to be killed, just kidnapped, to never allow her to roam into the light again.

-

Lidia roamed around, looking for a new home. The reason she left, was for a variety of reasons. But, ultimately, the numerous factors would be crossed out, with two big truths; the first one, being that she never really talked to them. She was never any of the five fourteen year old friends, she only helped them with making themselves unconscious because she wished for the same nearly-ill fate unto herself. The other, because she had wanted to see if her brother was out there, Raymen. She had her hopes, and was desperately searching.

She looked around, scared out of her mind. The words that she spoke were barely audible, as around the forests, being the little bean sprout that she was of a child, she couldn't defend herself. Surely, if she had a weapon she would be able to fend off on unwanted intruders, but she had completely ignored everyone else, and left. She was going to find her brother. She knew it. No matter what, she'd go to the end of the earth.

She looked around, before coming across a place with gates and a high building. Saw from the girls eyes was a group of people coming back, and she did not want to be seen and become their next meal, so, she hid behind a tree. She waited, but looked for any signs of Raymen.

"That was fun," Raya said. "Raymen and Quincey, can us three can go hunting tomorrow?" Raya asked.

"Uh... Yeah." Raymen agreed, as Quincey just nodded his head.

It was him. Lidia stormed in, and then raced into a hug, as she recognized the voice coming from Raymens mouth. Her world lit up like an open flame to light as she hugged him. It felt just as if the mass murder of ninety nine percent of people had never took event. As if nothing mattered in the world. As if the monstrosity had been taken away, and replaced with a naive, hopeful future.

The feelings of happiness only solidified her hopes that this was him. There was a 99% chance, before, she went to check his face, and it was the same. "Raymen," She said, happy to have finally found her brother again. Now, she had someone to help her -- someone she trusted.

"Lidia, you're alive."