Defloresco - Norway x Reader

NOTE: I do not own Hetalia, Norway, or you. I only own the story. I've posted this on another site by the username: loneHarmony, so I didn't plagiarise the story. Just pointing these things out since I really don't want to get in trouble. Anyways, enjoy

She was eccentric.

She was ephemeral.

No other light would reach out to her anymore. Just as a weed in a garden, she would be picked out and be dead any minute. She accepted the fact somehow, but chose it was not over yet until she said to herself that she can die. Death was right there knocking at the door, waiting for her to let him in, but she ignored the knocking. The flowers in the field she would rest in were in front of her, but she just stared at the vast field. She thought of Death as a beautiful thing and life as dream she would wake up from before living an ethereal dream or an eternal nightmare.

The path she took as one of literature, art, music, and odd pastimes. Her world was one where reality was fiction and fiction was reality. She was a bright mind. She excelled more than most of her class and was the best in her college. She never really spent her time “loving” either, as all she had to love was her busy father. Her friends were her computer, paper and pencil, and books. The world was open for her to discover, but she would never get the chance.

“What do you think, Lukas? I’m going to die now, aren’t I?”

He was eccentric.

He was a loner.

He lived for what was important, but was wrecked from ephemeral girl he lived for.

“Do you want to die now?”

Unconcerned for his blunt family, he lived mainly for himself. Never bothering to be social, he shut himself out to the rest of the world. Myths and legends were things he dreamed about, being the hero and saving the princess before she was sacrificed or slaying an evil king and becoming an eminent warrior. He wanted to travel the world and make a future focused on his experiences and the like. No one understood his desires. He kept himself busy with studies aiming to be successful, but he waited for something else to come in.

He started having strange feelings as he entered elementary. Spirits guarding and haunting classmates were visible to him. The smartest were him and other strange people. He knew when something was wrong. It was like Fate was trying to lead him somewhere out of his small world. Bluntly ignoring whatever was stirring, he took up extra classes until he met that person.

“The time you spent on me would be wasted and I won’t be able to see the world.”

Making a rough sketch of an original monument was a girl that he saw wouldn’t have a chance to see it built. He caught her attention, his dull blue eyes and her (eye color) ones fixated on each other in a cold stare, and thus started an odd friendship.

“(name)…”

She lived an abnormal life from the start. Her mother died from childbirth of her sister, whom too died soon after entering the world. Her father tried hard to take care of her, and they lived a strange life that was happy for the two of them. But that girl had dreams and desires far too big for her mind. The world was still to be explored. Heaven was where her mother was waiting.

Then came along, sickness, which was considered a key to a realm she wished to enter.

She would not last in the world, but her ambitious mind chose to keep fighting. It already hurt to breathe and give up, but it hurt more to shut off a world in which there was still something Fate planned for you to do.

“Life is funny. It’s so momentary that it lasts a long time.”

No one ever showed concern or attention to him except for her. His rigid view of people was replaced with a curiosity from her actions. She would ask if he was alright whenever he was bothered. He would take concern for her when she felt weak. He knew she would break his heart if she left. He knew one day he would let her go, but he chose to stay with her before she left. They shared the same dreams of travelling to places so foreign than what they lived in. Pieces of the world were shared between them slowly. The world was being read by them page by page, but only one would be left to finish them all. She did not wish to fade already. He did not wish for her to leave abruptly. A mystery they still needed to solve was love. 

“The flowers in this field we lie in are all evanescent. Everything except for us.”

“But a bravura realm still lies in front of us that cannot be reached except if we choose death, Lukas...”