Chapter 3

My training begins today. Silverpaw tries to get her dream out of her head. It kept on coming back to her train of thoughts as hard as she tried to forget it. The limp body of Frostpaw was imbedded in her mind and wouldn't disappear.

She was back in the apprentices den after taking disgusting herbs from Windwhisper. Blah. She could still taste the unearthly, bad taste of badness itself... Blah.

"Um...Hey. Ready for today's training session?", asks Swifttail nervously.

"Ya. Sure. You make it sound so boring. What are we gonna do today?", she asks.

"Do you want to go around the border or learn to hunt?", Swifttail suggests with a question.

"Um.....whatever you want to do," Silverpaw replies. They smile at each other for a moment.

"Let's go around the border, cause that's what we did in my first lesson."

"Okay," Silverpaw adds, a little disappointedly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

They traveled all the way to where the Windclan border met the Thunderclan border. "What do you smell?", Swifttail asks.

"Um....It's kinda hard to explain....", Silverpaw says.

"Well that's what Windclan smells like," Swifttail continues.

They keep walking until they stop suddenly.

"Why did we stop, do you smell anything?", Silverpaw asks.

"It's not what I smell it's what I see", Swifttail says in a shocked silent way. Silverpaw walked to stand next to her mentor. She gasped. She suddenly smelled the sour tang of blood. There was blood everywhere. Her thoughts suddenly went back to the warrior with the gash. The warrior with the blood..... Her mentor dipped down to sniff it.

"It's Windclan blood." She bent down to sniff another, smaller pile of blood. " This smells like....like shadowclan. How did the blood of a shadowclan warrior end up here, right next to Windclan blood?", Her mentor asked to the open. Silverpaw bent down to sniff it herself. She gasped again.

"It's his blood! It's his blood!", she yelped.

"Whose blood?", her mentor asked hurriedly.

"The cat who attacked me," Silverpaw answered shakily. He must be close by, the blood smelled fresh. He probably got in a fight with a Windclan patrol. Silverpaw could smell a very strong Windclan scent now. She followed it until she found a tree, and right by that tree, she could make out the shape of a dead body, a tangled mess of flesh and bones from a Windclan warrior.

Swifttail gasped loudly. "We have to go alert the clan." They rushed through the forest. Silverpaw could hardly catch up to Swifttail. She passed the fallen tree by the camp, but still didn't slow down until she and her mentor were at the camp. Breathing heavily Swifttail called to her clan, "A shadowclan warrior has been in our territory. Not only that, but the cat attacked a Windclan patrol."

(Word Count 480)