Part 6

Ishita fell on her knees crying bitterly hiding her face in her palms. Raman couldn't see his Ishu like this and hugged her tight. While Rinki too couldn't see her best friend like this and hugged her. Others too joined the hug.

They broke the hug after sometimes. But Ishita was still crying hugging Raman. He was trying to console her making her cry more.

Ishita: I'm sorry Ramam.. because of me you had to bear all these insult.. uncle aunty ko bhi.. I'm so sorry..

Rinki: Leave all this Ishu. Now what's the plan.. if your appa comes to know that you are missing he will come here directly. Agar police complaint kiya toh..

Neil: Chup karo yaar.. why are you making the situation worse..

Rinki: I wasbjust telling the truth. Her appa could do anything so low.

Mihir: Stop this. We have to think something. *after thinking* court marriage!!

Neil: But we should apply a month before it. It's not possible..

Rinki: But we can do their marriage in some temple and then get it registered na.

Mihir: Perfect.. I will find some temple away from here so that no one can find us.

Mihir and Neil were finding the temple. Rinki went to inform her parents about this plan. While IshRa were sitting in each other's embrace, non spoke they were feeling each other's presence. She kept her head on his chest while he side hugged her.

Ishu: Raman.. aap gussa ho..?

Raman: Nahi toh..

Ishu: Jhoot math bolo..

Raman: Yeah.. I'm okay with your appa insulting me but can't just forget that he insulted my chote papa and maa..

Ishu: I'm sorry.. ye sab meri wajah se horaha haina..

Raman: What jaan, Why are you blaming yourself.?  It wasn't your fault.

He pecked her temple. He closed her eyes feeling the moment.

INSIDE JR BHALLA ROOM

Jr Mr Bhalla: But this is wrong Rinki. We can convince him but ye bhaag ke shaadi karna isn't the right thing to do.

Rinki: There is no other way papa..

Jr Mr Bhalla: Jo karna hai karo.. my blessings will also be with them but I don't like this and I won't come..

Rinki: Teekhe papa.. It's ok. But we don't have any other option. We will leave tomorrow early morning for the temple.

The senior couples just nodded their head still unconvinced of the same fact.

NEXT DAY, 3 AM

The whole gang started their journey, after taking the blessing for the senior couple and Matarani. Mihika was waiting for them in a junction near the Iyer House with the documents required for registering the wedding. Soon she too entered the car and all left to the temple. They reached a temple named theeruneermalai in the outskirts of chennai.

Mihir went to buy the garlands while Mihika went to talk in the office about the marriage procedures.

Man: There is a good muhurat at 6.30. Just go inside with the garlands and thali (Nuptial Chain)

Mihika thanked him and informed others.

Mihika: Rinki, keep the thali and the garlands in this plate. Mihir, you give this plate to panditji. I will do the payment and come.

Neil: huh.. kya thali?

Rinki: Oh shit.. thali nahi laayi..

Ishu began to panic, Mihika and Rinki were consoling her.

Rinki: It's okay Ishu.. we will do something.. relax..

Neil: Ye kya hai.. why do you want thali.?

Rinki: It's not that thali Neil. Thali means south Indian mangalsutra

Mihir: oh teri abh hum kya karenge.. abh toh shops bhi open nahi hai..

Mihika: One second.. *she went near trishulam kept there in the temple took a yellow thread with a piece of turmeric tied in it*

Mihir: What's this.?

Mihika: Here people consider this as thali. And after a few days of wedding, they keep a function and then replace this thread with the golden one.

All sighed in relief and went inside the temple. Mihir gave the plate with thali and garland to the panditji for pooja. He took the plate and instructed IshRa to prayed to Lord Murugan.

Soon it muhurat time, the couple were made sit in the small mandap with varmala around their neck. Panditji was reciting the mantras, while the couple sat their praying for their own well being and long life ahead.

Panditji handed the thali to Raman and asked him to tie it around Ishita's neck and fill her partition with kumkum (vermillion). Ishita closed her eyes, a tear slipped down her eyes while her lips where adorned with a soul filling smile. Raman saw this and squeezed her hands slightly assuring her that he is with her. Panditji asked them to exchange the varmala and then asked them to take seven rounds around the holy fire (saatphere). He announced them as man and wife. They took his ashirwad and again went inside the temple to pray. 

Neil took their pictures and got them printed. Then they went to the register office at 10 and signed the register after submitting the marriage photo and original id cards. Soon they got their marriage certificate.

IYER HOUSE, 11 AM

Appa who came to check Ishita found her missing. He got angry and went straight to Mihika's room seeing her too missing. He shouted for his brother and wife. They got scared seeing the anger on Mr Iyer's face. He scolded them for their carelessness and was getting ready to go to the Bhallas. Amma was trying to stop him.

Mr Iyer pushed his wife in anger and marched to the main door only to see his daughter standing their in her married attire.

He stood still not knowing how to react. A wail escaped from his wife's mouth seeing their only daughter got married against their wish.

Composing himself, Mr Iyer walked towards the newlyweds and slapped his daughter. Ishita cried holding her cheek, looking down unable to face her Appa. Raman protectively wrapped his arms around her shoulder holding her close to him and glared at Mr Iyer.

Appa: Don't you feel any shame Ishu to stand here like this. Madhu bahut acha parivarish diya hai tumne.. chee.. Out.. Out of my house right now. You are dead for me. I don't want to see your face ever again in my life.

Ishu cried silently hearing her Appa, while Raman dragged her out with him.