🍬Son🍬

T/W
Guns kidnapping and the like.
➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴

It's a family reunion, why her parents decided the middle of February was a good time for this was beyond Veronica's reasoning. Whatever at least there was food, it was warm, it was beyond boring.

Her son was fast asleep in her bedroom and she had a baby monitor clipped to her belt. Part of her hoped that he would wake up and start crying for her attention. It would be an excuse not to talk to all the family she half remembers.

She makes her way through the crowd of family to take a seat at a large table set up. Family is there as well, she can't avoid them so she blends with her cousins that are within her age group.

Among all then chatter she hears something from the baby monitor. It's not what she's used to hearing, it's not the usual crying or innocent babbling. It's a deeper voice a mans voice, Veronica shoots up from her seat. She avoids family telling them that the baby woke up.

She finally makes it to her bedroom, she was beyond confused as to why she heard whispering in her room.  There was no one here, she walks up to the window- it's wide open. She does a double take she could have sworn she closed it. "What the hell..." she mutters turning to her sons basinet.

It's empty.

Veronica can feel her heart pounding out of her chest. "J-James" she said out loud. Her sons name. But she can't get choked up. The cradle is still warm from the little boys body heat. She whips back towards the window and peaks out. The cold winter air whips through her hair. She can see a figure walking at a speedy pace. She practically jumps from her window.

"Stop Stop!!!" She yells after them. They are clearly holding something, a bundle that they hold close. She has no doubt in her mind that it's her son. "Stop! That's my son! You stole my-" the figure is running at this point and the bundle is crying. He turns around for a moment. It was none other than the dead father of Veronica's child.

He runs to a car and this is where she catches up. "Jason stop! Give me back my son," she growls at him.

"You see I can't do that," JD retorts. He holds the now screaming bundle close to him.

"I don't care what you think you can or can't do." She barks.

They stare at each other, the moment is filled with cry's from the boy. Veronica wants him back and she plans to do that.

"Why didn't you tell me we had a son," JD says now with a almost charming smile.

"Because you were dead, and even if you weren't-" she holds her tongue. There is no way she will speak her mind while that twisted bastard hold her son.

"Even if I weren't what darling?" He says that same charm that seemed almost deranged now.

"Give. Me. Back. My. Son." She said holding firm.

"Our son," JD corrected. His attention went from Veronica to the boy. He looked at the little bundle he rocked gentle as if trying to calm the screaming infant. "What's his name anyway," he asks acting like all this is normal.

"You don't get to know him, and as far as I am concerned he's not yours." There was no way that Veronica would give into this mad-man's game whatever it was.

"Now now," JD said relatively calmly. "Let's not be brash," Veronica was about to retort when JD calming took one hand away from the baby and pulled a handgun from his coat pocket.

"Now. I will have you know that I had no idea about this." JD said motioning to the baby with the armed hand. He paced as he spoke a tick Veronica had seen before. "I had wanted to set things right between you and I."