Part 5

The four-day trip there is the same boring routine that I have when I go anywhere, auto pilot starts the mission and I read, sleep and play games to keep myself occupied. Some days I even train. Depends on how energetic I feel. Once the ship gets half down for gas I find the nearest planet to refuel. My ship can usually go 28 hours before I hit half, which is two days and four hours.

After some fuel I set sail again within reach of my destination, but I don't rest. I am either training now or resting, this way I am ready for anything. I go over my weapons the day I am to arrive just to make sure there are no mechanical errors, I sharpen the blades and get everything ready to go. I even pull out my proper gear with the resistant layer that's supposed to stop lasers, guns, knives etc. from getting to me.

Once ready to go I take off the auto pilot and fly the remaining half hour to Johndo 3 myself. After docking, and paying a little extra to the guy to make sure nothing happens to my ship I make my way via hover car to the compound. Again having to pay a little extra for him to wait for me I get out, satisfied that he will wait for me I head to the locked door of the compound.

No bell, no buzzer so I use my gloved fist to pound on the door. The black leather of my chainmail enforced gloves pounds loudly on the metal of the door. I always thought my gloves made me look like a badass, they were a thin layer of super strong chainmail wrapped in a leather but it didn't have any finger tips and the bottom of the gloves wrapped up my wrist partially. There were metal studs on top of the knuckles to add some umph in need of a beating.

Suddenly the sliding of a small window brought me out of my admiration of my gloves. All I could see was a lizard eye peeking from a window high above my head, looking around the area. I stepped back a little so he could see me. Holding up the package I announce myself.

"Package for Jork Mandal from the Red Dwarf Star System. Signature required." I state calmly and firmly. His eye zeroes in on the parcel and I hear multiple locks shift and hiss as the door is unlocked.

Without saying anything the 8 foot tall lizard thing takes me down some barely lit hallways, clutching the parcel in my left hand my right hand hovers on my belt near my blaster gun. Never know with shady places and creatures like these ones what you will get into. After a few more hallways I am officially lost and don't know which way is up or down. I figure he is doing this on purpose but I can't prove it so I just grit my teeth and kept walking.

Finally we stop in front of an office door marked Mandal, the lizard thing knocks twice and the door swings open and standing in the door way is a man with horns on top of his head, fangs sticking out of his lips, deep red skin, a tail with a barb on the end of it and he was huge and muscled. His deep blue eyes raked over my body from head to toe, causing me to recoil a little.

"Well, well, well what do we have here? Some pretty little thing all alone? Where is your protector beautiful?" His eyes wandered shamelessly from my head to my toes repeatedly, instantly my hackles were raised and I knew I needed to get the hell out of here.

"Waiting outside, signature required for your parcel." I held out the tablet and pen for him to sign, showing him the small parcel in the process. He took both and made sure our hands brushed.

"Why thank you precious." He winked, thinking he was seductive. I liked a man with muscles but he gave off a creepy vibe. He signed the tablet and handed it back, again brushing my fingers. I set the package on his hand and went to step back.

"Have a wonderful day." I went to turn around quickly, but his large red hand caught my wrist forcing me to stay in place.

"Wait, I have a proposition for you. Come, sit, talk." He pulled me into his office and sat me in the chair in front of his desk, but instead of going back to his chair and away from me he sat right in front of me.

"I'm sorry but my partner is waiting and I still have other deliveries to make. I apologize but..." he put his finger to my lips, silencing my words.

"Don't lie to me Precious, its unbecoming of such a beautiful woman. Now what I want to offer you is a life of leisure. No more jobs, no more working, the finest jewels and clothes a woman could want and a place in my bed." He was serious, my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Either this man was so full of himself that he thought one look would drop her panties or he was delusional.

"I'm sorry, I am engaged." She never thought her parents forced marriage would come in handy. As if sensing something amiss he took both her hands in his.

"Precious, if you were truly into being engaged you would wear your loves ring, no matter the job you do." He was observant, a little too observant. This made things harder for her to get out of.

"No, I do not wear his ring this is true but that doesn't make our engagement any less real. My parents have worked with his parents our whole lives. This is what I was raised to be. Thank you for the offer but I must decline." He must have noticed something he didn't like because his grip tightened on my hands.

Pulling my hands away from his, I stand and turn towards the door. This time he doesn't stop me. Surprised at this I chance a look at him as I reach the lizard alien at the door, he is smiling at me with a predatory look.

"Just you wait Precious, I always get what I want. Just keep in mind that I want you." With that I open the door and rush out closing it behind me with a slam and make my way very quickly down the hall and back out into the open. I don't slow my steps until I am in the hover car and on my way back to the space port to my ship.

Takeoff went smooth, I was out of the atmosphere instantly and couldn't be any happier to be away from that creep. The name Jork Mandal was a well-known name but for his ruthlessness in getting exactly what he wanted. He has lots of money, even more then the Splex family, and has no issues throwing it around to have people do what he wants.

A shiver runs up my spine at the thoughts of his roaming eyes, he had absolutely no shame. He could be attractive for his size, but I can't imagine the tusks and fangs make it very easy to be intimate. Another shiver and I decide enough is enough, no more thoughts of mister creepy. Throwing on the auto pilot I head to the kitchen, warming up a cup of ramen noodles and a cup of coffee I decide to lay in bed and just read books until I fell asleep.