The War Is Over

Without a doubt on his mind, Simon flew up on to his boots and knocked Negan over. He slide a few feet on the cold concrete floor, letting out a harsh cry. He rolled himself forward only to be grabbed by Simon's big hands. He lifted him clean off the floor, Lucille dropping with a thump at his side. Dwight slowly rose before them, cradling his one arm.

"Now you know what I meant." Simon spat, blood coating his teeth. Negan didn't acknowledge him at all. Simon just let him sit on his ass, turning away to spit out some of the iron filling his mouth now.

The other Saviors just remained where they were, most riding with shock. Dwight made his way over to Negan's side. He didn't acknowledge him either as his eyes were melted on an image no one else could see. He crouched down to him, just to whisper ever so softly in his ear. "You won't win this war. Not like this."

Negan's closest eye did slide over to him but it was gone just as quick. Dwight struggled to his feet before walking slowly towards Simon. "We can't win like this either." He said to him, everyone's eyes perking up to the shallowness of his voice.

"Doesn't mean we can't still do what's right." Laura replied out of the crowd, stepping inside the circle. "We all honestly know that Rick's group has wiped out just too many of us. There isn't enough of us for this war." She glanced down at the mess that Negan was now.

"You fine with us proving the hell out of Negan?" Dwight replied.

Laura reluctantly nodded. "We were loyal, we did our duty - for the most part. I'll be honest with you, Dwighty. I actually enjoyed being just me when I was out of this hellhole." She gestured towards Negan still on his knees. "Think you guys have proven what Negan really was. He is just as messed up as the rest of us. But he is also a threat to us cause of it."

The crowd all nodded and agreed surrounding them. "You were going to backstab me, weren't you?" Dwight asked.

Laura let out a huff before a grin appeared. "I actually was. But doesn't look like its necessary now."

"Glad we're starting to get along now. But what the fuck are we doing with him?" Simon cut in, rubbing at his sore face.

"Lock him up." A female voice would say. Allie approached them, her face red from crying it appeared. Everyone's eyes instantly went to her as she walked down the path. "If we want to end this war right, he can be our surrender chip."

"What made you leader, Allie? You ran off once the fight started." Laura mocked with her eyes narrowed.

"Nothing wrong with that." Dwight commented. "Besides, I'd think she would be a great leader."

"What? Guys no - I can't be a leader. I'm just a mom." Allie replied, talking loud enough for everyone else to hear.

There was some whispers and quiet talk among the crowd going on once they heard this. "I believe that god would want someone as bright and worthy as yourself to lead us." Gabriel said gently, placing his hands on the Saviors standing beside him. "I may come from one of your enemies, but I have seen this society's true potential. Someone like you could make them happier."

"I always thought you were cool, Allie." Regina added. "Plus you're so damn smart and a great person. Negan always saw you as just one of his grunts." She let out a chuckle. "I'd totally call you boss any day."

Laura sighed. "Hence I've been popping my honesty, I actually thought you were one of the nicest people here. Negan was always pushing us around and call us stupid. You'd never do that. And I know that now."

"Oh so you going to apologize now?" Allie said smug.

"What? I - I guess I am. But I'm more rude to Dwighty though." She laughed, slapping Dwight playfully on the back. He winched briefly. "Sorry."

Dwight shook her hand off him, placing his on Allie. "Allie, you were always like a sister to me. You remind me of Sherry sometimes even." He glanced among the faces watching them. "But this group, our society. It could use someone like you as the one behind it."

"But why me? Mean I get what you guys are saying but-" Allie was cut off by Simon's rough tone.

"The Saviors should be what their name stands for. I've learned that from you. Hell, I'd stand behind you if you were the one leading the way. My way may be the worse thing to happen to this group." He said, almost as if he was admitting he was wrong.

Allie took a long glance out towards the crowd surrounding them. They all had a spark in their eye, one that meant they wanted it too. Wasn't long for Laura to start a chant chain. "Allie. Allie. Allie." They started to rave. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Did they all really respect her like this?

She let it keep going until she threw her hand up. The crowd fell silent. "Am I really the leader you want?"

"You're not just the leader we want. You're the leader we need." Dwight said to her directly, a smile forming. She glanced through the rest of them, each giving a nod of approval.

Seemed she was stuck in the moment for a bit. That was until the three words came out of her mouth. "I'll do it."

-

The wind blew a bit of a stormy day the following month. Summer was coming and everyone could feel the heat getting to them already. Allie stood on the rolling hill, waiting for Rick to approach her. They were unaware of the situation now, for he was searching for Negan's face among them. He'd stop just across from them.

They all stood in a line, there was a bit more bodies on their side though. Allie knew they weren't going to fight. Even if Rick wanted it. But he seemed a bit confused it was her over the monster with the bat. Simon stood beside her, his hands on his belt - his dominance stance.

"Where's Negan?" Rick growled, his Southern accent a bit annoyed.

Simon gestured to two of the Saviors behind them. They dragged out a male form in a plain white tee and dark pants from behind a tree. They forced them down onto his knees, pulling off the burlap sack off his head. A bloodied Negan glanced up at Rick, a bandana gagging him. He instantly crunched up once he recognized that face.

"There he is. Want him? You can have him for free and we'll walk away." Allie stated the terms like a pro, staying calm and collected the whole time.

Rick couldn't keep his blue eyes off the damaged form of Negan. This was the best thing he had seen in so long. A man everyone in the area hated, hanging on by a thread of his own dignity. He glanced among the other Saviors, most of them were keeping their distance while Simon and Dwight were the closest to Allie's side. The Saviors did the same thing with the others across from them. They were all on edge, but nothing had happened yet.

"What's the catch? Me trading one of mine?" Rick said finally, recognizing Allie as the one in charge now.

Allie just shook her head. "I don't need any of yours. We've destroyed enough - each of us." She shared a look with Maggie who was staring intensely her way. "Unless, you are willing to trade with us. Not for protection like Negan did - but for the stuff we do have. Be as it use to be."

Rick shook his head. "No. Not going to make that mistake again."

Allie shared a glance with Simon who just shrugged. "Then so be it. I'll still offer you Negan as long as you walk away. But should you need some assistance, I will be more than happy to ally with you from now on."

Rick questioned her sincerity. But he somehow believed she was being honest. Negan was a negotiator, Allie was the same. It was how she did it though that caught Rick a bit stuck. She was saying they were surrendering to them. Something that hadn't even occurred to him.

"Let me see what the others think." Rick said suddenly. Allie gestured his leave as he walked up towards Maggie and Ezekiel. They watched them chat for a few minutes before Rick re-approached her.

Rick stopped in front of her, putting his gun down on the ground gently. He rose carefully with his hands up before extending one out towards her. "Allies we are then."