Highway

You opened your eyes, and heard nothing but ringing. You rubbed your eyes, then your ears, the ringing fading out. You yawned, then felt the slight tug of someone holding your hand.

"Wake up, Detective."

Connor had said whilst rubbing your hand. You assumed this was to get you to wake up faster, but all you wanted to do was stay in the couch with Connor for the rest of the day.

You opened your mouth to speak, yawning again, then actually speaking.

"Wh...Where's Hank?"

You asked.

Connor's LED turned yellow, then back to blue.

"He is not coming with us today. Today it's only us."

Connor informed.

You were scared at the thought of you and Connor on a mission, alone. You almost died last time from simply doing nothing, how were you gonna defend yourself now? You didn't want that to repeat, or worse, for Connor to get hurt.

Connor seemed to notice your nervousness. He smiled softly, trying to bring a smile to your own face.

"Detective, if you're worried about our safety, I can go get Hank, and you may stay here for today instead. We are just gonna search for a few Deviants, reported to be hiding at an abandoned building. That's all."

He offered. You didn't want that, you wanted to be with him.

"It's alrigh—"

You said, a clap of thunder breaking your sentence, Connor nodding, implying he understood what you were gonna say anyways. You grabbed your jacket, and your gun, tucking your gun into the hidden pocket your jacket had.

[SETTING SKIP::]
[ABANDONED BUILDING.]

You and Connor stepped out of the car. It was raining incredibly hard. You looked up at the abandoned building, it gave off an eerie feeling, you knew this was gonna happen already, considering it was an ABANDONED building. It appeared to have a metal gate surrounding it. The sound of the rain rapidly hitting the metal made your head ache. Connor seemed to search for an way inside, you looking him as well. It was not long before he called your name.

"(Y/N)! There is a tear in the gate!"

He shouted, alerting you to come over. It didn't seem smart to shout, considering there was a chance of a Deviant being inside the building. You quickly rushed over. Connor seemed to slide under flawlessly. You knew that you couldn't do it the way he did without getting cut. He appeared to be impatient, he must've really wanted to complete his mission.

You slid under, a rip appearing your jacket sleeve and arm. It wasn't a deep enough cut to cause bleeding, but it still fucking hurt.

Connor didn't appear to notice, and instead began walking inside. You just wanted to get the mission over with. You walked inside behind him, hearing a crash as soon as you entered the gloomy, and dimly lit building. A Android, Of which is assumed to be a Deviant, pushed you into the wall, you hitting your head and your gun falling out of your jacket onto the ground in front of you. You heard another crash, followed by someone screaming,

"Run Kara, Run!"

You got up, trying to see straight. Connor was fighting the Deviant whilst two others appeared to try to escape the building. You grabbed your gun, shooting at them. It didn't seem to hit either of them. You after chased the two, Connor had been handling himself well. You had kept running after them, and noticed they appeared to be heading towards the highway. The only reason they would go that way would be to get to the train station faster. You continued chasing them.

You didn't want to let Connor down. You were gonna complete this mission, and not be an obstacle. You wanted to show him you were capable of handling yourself.

The two appeared be literally CROSSING through the highway. They were gonna get run over! You started climbing the fence that was blocking your way to the highway, whilst doing this you heard a distant scream of your name, as-if someone was trying to stop you. You ignored the call.

You slid onto the slippery highway, the weather truly wasn't on your side today. The two Deviants had been avoiding the cars very well. You were doing the same, until one had hit your arm, the same arm that was scratched earlier by the gate. There was a bigger cut on it now, this one bleeding badly.

You held your arm, the sound of cars passing by filling your head, along with the pain you were feeling. One was coming towards you, and you knew it. You couldn't move. Your body was frozen in place, like a deer blinded by headlights. You started to accept the fact, that you were gonna die.

You then felt arms wrap around you, they pulled you out of the highway, faster then any actual car could. You closed your eyes, feeling tired.

Connor was holding you close, and he appeared to be shaking. You felt it, and opened your eyes. Connor was crying, but crying silently. You suddenly flashed back to the Eden club, with the Deviant that started sobbing whilst trying to take any air you had in your body, out. Could Androids truly cry? Wouldn't that take emotions? And aren't emotions that would cause tears, ones that only Deviants would carry..?

You weren't sure what you could say. You didn't know why Connor was crying. Why was he like this? What happened? Was he crying over you..? You softly called out his name.

"Connor...?"

You said, whilst rubbing your head into his chest. He held onto you tightly. He didn't want to let go. He was scared that he almost lost you. His voice was shaky.

"Why did you go without me..? You...You almost...—"

He cut himself off, it looked like if he said the word, he was gonna sob. You felt responsible for the emotions he was feeling, and wasn't sure wether this was good or not. So many thoughts came across your mind. Until one final one appeared.

"Connor...do you care about me..?"

You asked, trying to get him to admit having actual feelings. He looked up into the highway, then looked back down at you. He kissed your forehead. Your face turned dark shade of red. The sound of the raindrops attacking and hitting the area surrounding you were almost romantic now. He noticed your arm, his LED turning red, then flashing yellow. He picked you up, and you two headed towards the car.

Connor was aware the mission was failed, but he didn't seem to care. You didn't care much either. You only cared about how Connor was feeling right now.

And he was feeling love.