Three's A Crowd

"A new challenger has arrived. Today's match-up is Agent Texas vs Agent Carolina." FILSS says over the speaker. 

Carolina and Zone enter the training room. Tex is at the center of the room as a rack with weapons releases from the floor. Carolina and Zone stop as another weapons rack appears in front of them. 

[Okay just pick whatever your good at and use that.] Carolina just arms herself with everything. [Or just arm yourself with everything.] 

"Agent Arizona please clear the floor." 

[In a minute FILSS! Look just be careful, okay? That's all I'm saying.] 

"Agent Arizona please clear the floor." FILSS repeats. 

[All right I'm going!] Zone leans next Carolina's left and whispers, [Love you.] Carolina smiles before he walks off. Eta and Iota, appear next to her. They are identical, one gold and the other is teal. After sharing a glance, the two AI merge and disappear.

"Anyone wanna bet one of them gets killed?" North asks as Zone walks up to them in the observation deck. 

"Are you kidding?! I'm hoping one of us doesn't get killed just by watching!" Wash says nervously. 

"Round begins in three, two, one, begin. Good luck, ladies!" 

"Thanks. I won't need it." Carolina and Tex say. Both females yell as they charge at each other. The Director and Counselor Price walk into the observation deck.

"What is going on here?! No matches have been authorized for-" The Director then sees Carolina and Tex closing on one another. "No! Allison!" The Director rushes to the window. Zone watches as Carolina slides to her clutching her helmet in agony. Suddenly he begins to hear Xi repeating the name "Allison" in his head. Zone takes off his helmet and sees, York, North, Wyoming, and Maine reacting the same way. Once Xi had stopped, He looked down and saw Carolina screaming and she rips off her helmet. 

"Make them stop! Make them stop the voices! Make the voices stop!" Tex walks up to her and offers her hand but Carolina slaps it away. 

"Director, we should sedate Carolina, immediately. We have no idea how much damage two AI could-" 

"No. She made her decision. Let her be." 

"Come on, somebody help her!" York begs. Zone grabs his helmet and runs out of the room. Carolina continues to scream in horrific pain. 

"What is going on?! Somebody get down here!" Tex orders. 

The Director turns to the Freelancers. "You are all dismissed." Tex bends down to Carolina and reaches for throat. She can hear Omega. 

 "Yes, end her! Do it! You know you want to! Do it! Do it!" He tells her. Suddenly she feels hands grab her wrists and she looks up to see Zone. He shakes his head at her as she nods. Zone bends down, looking at Carolina as she grips her head. Zone put his hand on her neck in a weird position and suddenly she passes out. Zone picks her up bridal style and carries her to Recovery. Tex stands and watches him leave. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Zone was sitting in a chair next to Carolina, reading his holo-screen. Cyclops is laying next his feet. It had been three days since the fight and she still hadn't woken up. He hears the door open and in walks North. 

"How's she doing?" 

[Still out of it.] 

"And you?" 

[I appreciate the concern North, but I'll be fine.] Zone says turning off his holo-screen. [You know I actually heard that your sister petitioned to get one of her AIs.]