Chapter Eight

Aurora and Phillip stand near each other, talking in hushed whispers. You sneak up behind them before leaping out and squealing with delight.

Aurora gasps and shrieks in happiness. "Y/n! You're awake! How-?"

You grin wholeheartedly, "Diaval."

She smiles, "I knew it!"

"But guess what?" You ask, grabbing her arm in excitement.

"What?" She leans in expectantly.

You pause for dramatic effect before telling her the great news, "I asked Diaval to marry me. . . and he said yes!!!"

She screams with you and you both bounce up and down.

"Well, Philip and I have already married, and I wish you could've been there..." She says sadly.

"It's alright, and I heard you are the new queen. Congratulations!" You beam at your little sister.

"Yes, but now that you're awake-"

"Nonsense. You will be the best queen, I know it. I am truly happy for you." You assure her, hugging her tightly.

"Thanks," She sighs. You chuckle at her relief, and turn to Phillip.

"You had better be good to her." You point your finger at him in a threatening manner.

"Yes, yes, of course!" He actually looks a bit scared.

Frowning at him, you turn back to Aurora, "I have to go tell Maleficent! I'll see you later!"

You run to where you think Maleficent will be, and find her talking with Diaval. She smiles sincerely, and he looks relieved.

"Maleficent!" You greet.

"Hello darling, Diaval already told me the great news. I am happy for you both." You smile and reach your hand to Diaval's. He takes your hand in his and interlocks your fingers.

"It means a lot to me to have your blessing," you say.

"You have more than my blessing. I see you as my own daughter, just like Aurora, and I wish you to have all the happiness in all the world. And, I know Diaval will be the perfectest match for you."

Diaval looks upon you with a gleam of joy in his eyes, and you return the look, shyly biting your lip.

He leans down and you share a short kiss before Maleficent jumps into the wedding planning. It doesn't take long to figure out that you want a small quiet wedding in the forest. You decide to have an open wedding, where anyone can come to the ceremony, and afterwards have a small dinner with only close friends and family.

~At the Wedding Ceremony~

Anxiously, you hold your breath as you wait to walk down the aisle. Inhaling deeply, you start walking to the alter, one foot in front of the other.

Diaval looks stunning in his usual attire, and you look stunning in a white dress. You have flowers in your hair, and you wear no makeup. You've always preferred to let your natural beauty shine through.

All the faces in the crowd, including many assorted fairy folk, turn to you in expectancy. Diaval's breath is taken away as he takes you in.

You finally reach the alter and stand facing your soon to be husband.

The priest starts the ceremony off, "We are gathered together to celebrate the very special love between Y/n and Diaval, by joining them in holy matrimony. A marital commitment includes the willingness to be open and vulnerable, and the courage to take risks. Today promises become permanent and friends become family. . . "

The priest's words soon fall on deaf ears as you gaze into Diaval's eyes.

Soon though, it is time to do the vows.

"I, Y/n, take you, Diaval, to be my lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Near the end, your eyes get damp, and you smile.

"I, Diaval, take you, Y/n, to be my lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." He stares into your eyes as he says it, and you know that his words are true.

The priest then finalizes it by saying, "You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What God has joined, men must not divide. Amen."

The audience all mumble their 'amen's', and wait for the highlight of any wedding.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Diaval takes your head in his hands and leans down. Passionately, your lips meet and move against each other. Hoots and hollers and cheers fill your ears, and you blush. Finally breaking apart, Diaval sweeps you into his arms and carries you down the aisle.

"I love you so much," He whispers into your hair.

Smiling, you respond, "I love you too."

Sorry it's short, but I'm lazy today. And, I probably got the whole wedding ceremony and vows thing wrong, because I've only been to two weddings when I was really young, so yeah. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

Please, vote and comment if you want!