Chapter 21

Joey's POV

"So, what did you call us for?" I asked Matt.

"Well, recently I bought two Hawaii tickets but unfortunately I can't use them. Amanda and I would want to go, but we didn't get one for Luna. It was my mistake to forget, but I wanted you guys to have it, for y'know, a honeymoon or something," Matt said.

Bryan and I both raised our eyebrows—intrigued.

"Woah, are you serious? Are you sure you want to give it to someone else?" Bryan said.

"No, no, I've already decided, plus this could help both of you spend more privacy together," Matt said smiling. "Your trip will start in two more weeks, so I advise you guys to get ready!"

"Oh sweet, thanks bro," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know I'm cool, but Bryan, may I speak with Joey alone," Matt said.

I was kind of confused why, but Bryan was fine with it.

"Sure, I don't see why not. Don't die in there," Bryan said and blowed me a kiss.

Bryan eventually left and Matt started to look at me.

"Joey, everything I told you was a lie, just listen to me. Everyone in the office help buy these tickets for you guys so you can have a chance! Ask him! Ask him the question!" Matt said.

"Woah, woah! Matt, I don't know if pressuring would help, but I'm not even ready!" I said.

"It's fine! I got you prepared. I've bought a ring for you guys that's on the 20th!" Matt said.

"The 20th? That's two days before the trip though," I said.

"Yeah, and? Joey, I know you can do this, I've seen you struggling about this, you can't hide it from me," Matt said.

"But, I don't know Matt, isn't it a little bit too soon?" I replied.

"Joey, you love him right? Then make it right for what's best for you two! I won't let my brother end up being single again and plus, you've helped me with Amanda, remember! So let me return the favor," Matt said.

"Yeah... yeah you're right! I can do this, I've been waiting to this and it's actually happening! Okay, okay, just tell me where I need to get the ring and the airport," I said.

Matt eventually told me the addresses and where to meet up at. Hopefully I can do this, I usually let my parents do this, but I guess we've gotta learn someday.

"Okay but first, you have to ask Bryan's parents permission so it wouldn't be rude," Matt said.

"Oh, okay, I know where he lives, so hopefully this would be easy," I said. "Wait, what ring did you pick though? I don't know if we'll both like if I didn't pick it..."

"Joey, I've gotcha covered, this one was pretty pricey though, about $3,000 or so?" Matt said.

"$3,000?! Matt, are you sure about this? That's so much money!" I said.

"Well yeah, but we do run a company and ice already paid it, so it's fine," Matt said. "Here, I actually took an image for you to approve."

"Wow

"Wow. That actually looks amazing. Matt, I don't even know what to say. Spending tickets and buying us a ring? You don't know how thankful I am," I said.

"Joey you sound like a kid again, I'm your brother. We always said we'll stick together no matter what! Plus, I think you got a better chance than Sarah," Matt said.

"Ugh, don't even say that name again, but Matt, Matthias, I love you brother," I said and hugged Matt at the same time.

He eventually hugged back and almost began crying. I had a soft side, especially when it's something family related.

"Okay, I'm gonna let you out for now so Bryan isn't lonely. Just remember the plan, book your guy's trip, ask the parent's approval, and get the ring!" Matt said.

Matt eventually leaded me out the door as I had the two tickets on my hand. I looked back at Matt and smiled then closed the door. Bryan wasn't outside of the room, but I saw him through Kevin's window. I opened the door, seeing Kevin and Bryan hanging out.

"Heyo, I'm done now," I said to Bryan.

"Ah, well I'm gonna head out now, cya bro," Bryan said and walked out of the door.

"Peace," Kevin replied.

It was just Bryan and I reunited again and we walked down the stairs.

"So, what did you and Matt talk about?" Bryan asked.

"Oh us? We were talking about Dad hasn't been feeling too well and just informed me," I said.

"Oh no, should we go check on him to see if he's okay?" Bryan asked.

"No! I mean, no because Matt said he all got it covered," I said.

"Okayyy, whatever you say so," Bryan replied.

Bryan knew I was an obvious liar, so I hope it wasn't too suspicious. Now that we have these Hawaii tickets, I guess we should get ready just in case. In the mean time, I have to talk to Bryan's parents about this. The thing is, I don't know if Bryan's Dad knows, so this might be a little bit complicated. Bryan and I decided to go home for now because we had nothing to do, other than just watching T.V. We did eventually get home and Bryan started setting up the television. I sat there with him for awhile, but then I remembered that I have to call Bryan's parents.

"Be right back Bry, I have a slight stomach ache and it's killing me," I said and took my phone.

"Oh, well don't take too long," Bryan replied back.

I went to the bathroom so it wouldn't be too suspicious. I looked through my phone to check my contacts and I found them! I actually wouldn't have though I'd still have them, buts it's a good thing I did. I started calling, but their response was too slow. They eventually picked up and responded.

"Hel-Hello? Whose's this?" Some lady answered.

Since it was a lady, I had to assume that it was Bryan's mother.

"Uh hi! It's Joey, y'know, Bryan's friend," I replied.

"Hm, oh yes I remember you, but what do you need?" She asked.

"I was wondering if I could come to your house tomorrow for a little visit and an important question," I said.

"Joey? Are you talking to someone?" Bryan said outside the bathroom door.

"What? I'm sorry but my h-"

"Sorry can't talk bye!" I said as I interrupted Bryan's Mom. Dang, I should remember her name, but I forgot. I eventually hung up and Bryan opened the door as I did.

"Joey? Were you talking with anyone?" Bryan asked.