itachi has a stepmom. 🌀

is this a common arranged marriage, statutory rape, or is mikoto uchiha really not the mother of uchiha itachi?

let's talk about that. (OOF GMM REFERENCES)

it's currently 02:48 and i'm awake due to fibromyalgia or something making me itch and feel like there's a million bugs on my skin, not to mention the unbearable sound of my cousin snoring. there's also a zit on the side of my face that hurts so bad but it's not ready for popping yet and i'm just running my hand up and down across it and being like "oh i'm going to pop you"

anyway, today's theory is that mikoto uchiha, my wife, is to itachi "father's wife" and nothing more.

here is the points i'm going to address here in this chapter

• she is too young.
• he does not love her.
• she was not pregnant with him on screen.
• she does not look like him.

counterclaims:

• he calls her "mother/mom"
• the issue is never discussed
• it is rare but sometimes legal for underaged marriages to occur in japan

so, let's get right on into it.

1) she is too young.

so IF the ages on narutopedia is correct, fugaku and mikoto are five years apart. this involves a lot of confusing math. the numbers will confuse you but it's not hard.

in part 1 of naruto they are 40 (fugaku) and 35 (mikoto). itachi is 17, sasuke is 12. this is their ages of dying so usually i don't understand why people say that itachi was 13 when he killed his parents because that would also cause sasuke to be 8 which seems unreasonable.

alright. now you have to look at horoscopes. but for now we will just look at mikoto and itachi's. 35-17=18, but it takes sex to conceive a child and 9 months for the fetus to develop. with itachi's birthday being on june 9th, mikoto's birthday would have already passed, making her eighteen. this would not be a large concern if her birthday wasn't on june 1st, which means she was seventeen when she got pregnant (if she did).

if she was barely legal in order for her to have given birth to itachi, why would fugaku, a police officer and clan head, want to have a child with her, let alone have sex at such a young age? fugakus birthday is in august, but nevertheless, 18+4= 22 which is adult age.

2) they don't have love.

in the anime, mikoto and itachi barely talk or hug, and they never embrace, kiss, sleep together or say directly "i love you, mother/son," (this is not the best evidence because that doesn't happen between any of the family members, however i'm pretty sure sasuke would be the type for physical love, especially to his mother since they were close.)

they do hug in the anime, when they are leaving the hospital, but that is about it, and talk only when literally necessary, which i find depressing and not like a normal relationship between a mother and son.

in the book of bright light, he treats her even worse, shrugging her off when she asks questions, ignoring her, just generally being rude.

3) she was not pregnant with him on screen.

i know this isn't the biggest deal, but there's more to come. you don't see her being pregnant with itachi, just with him at a very young age. this could easily be a sign of him being her son but a lot of stepmothers enter children's lives at a young age.

along with this, you see her as she's pregnant with sasuke. i don't know why they wouldn't show her being pregnant with itachi. that was just a quick addition.

4) she does not look like him.

compare:

the only resemblance i see is the eye shape, which is not uncommon for uchiha

the only resemblance i see is the eye shape, which is not uncommon for uchiha. like i mentioned before fugaku is the head of the clan which would probably mean that his first wife is full blooded uchiha. given he already had a son, the rules might not have been so strict with a second wife as an heir had already been produced but a busy man would have to remarry to have someone to take care of his children.

- i have read that in japan, some women (with special permission) are able to get married at as young as 14.

- during the anime (and book of bright light) itachi frequently refers to mikoto as "mother/mama/mom". it's not uncommon for a stepmother and stepchild to be on a basis like this, but it's not uncommon also to be on a first name basis with a stepparent (i know i am). since she brought him up, he has all the right to call her that.

- nobody in the anime, manga, or even in the fan base has ever addressed these points on the discoverable internet. i've searched deep and wide for my original theory to have already been thought of but i failed to find that. though i have told somebody who agrees with me.

what do you think about this? 🤔🧐

rate my argument 1-20, it's the first theory i've done.

peace,

shika