Chapter 2 - Hiding From The World

Draco.

Upon apparating from his wedding, Draco mysteriously found himself in Muggle London. He had no idea on why that had been the first place that sprung to mind. Maybe it was because he knew no one would ever find him there. Not Blaise his best friend or god forbid his mother, each telling him he is making a huge mistake and that he should go back and marry Astoria. But no, no one would ever dream of looking for him here. He was supposed to despise muggles with a passion and everything about them, so it wouldn’t even occur to them that Draco would be in a place filled with them.

He strolled proudly along the street, head held high trying to blend in as best he could. Although he received many puzzled looks as he was after all still dressed in a formal black tuxedo with a single white flower drooping from the pocket, not the usual attire for waltzing around the streets of London.

However Draco did not care about his appearance at this point in time, he was just desperately searching for a place where he could hide away and thoroughly comprehend what he had just done.

Poor Astoria, she would most likely be crying her heart out over his sudden departure or perhaps she would be utterly fuming and ready to kill, either way a huge wave of guilt rushed over him.

Astoria was a nice girl at heart and had kept him mellow over the years; he had never wanted to ruin what would have been the best day of her life. She didn’t deserve that, but then Draco didn’t deserve to be stuck with her for the rest of his miserable life just because he felt he had too. So he concluded that he had actually made a good decision.

Soon, Draco found a small pub on the corner of a dingy alleyway where the crowds had died down, he assumed that inside would too be deserted and he was right.

There were only a few very lonely people in there, perfect for not wanting to grab anybody’s attention.

He paced straight over towards the bar, where an elderly woman with large round glasses was ready to serve him.

“Yes my dear?” She voiced croakily.

“Fire whiskey please” Draco uttered casually. Suddenly it struck him that he was indeed in a muggle pub and that they probably didn’t serve wizard drinks. Thankfully, the woman so ancient, she didn’t catch what he had said,

 “What was that love?”

 “Err…”

Draco hadn’t the faintest idea of any muggle drinks, so he glanced around quickly for inspiration. He spotted a middle aged man with a huge bushy beard, which greatly reminded him of the oaf Hagrid at Hogwarts. He saw this man was drinking from a large tanker with the word ‘Guinness’ printed on the side in white lettering.

He knew this was his best bet, so asked for one Guinness and waited patiently while the frail woman shakily poured him one. The liquid was black and had a huge amount of creamy froth on top, which didn’t particularly please him. It looked exactly like something Professor Snape had forced him to brew in potions class.

Nevertheless, he thanked the woman and took a reluctant swig of the drink to find it was surprisingly refreshing.

As he repeatedly drank from his tanker, he surveyed the pub curiously. There was hardly anyone in there, except the man who strongly reminded him of Hagrid, an extremely old man who was completely bald and looked as though he could die any second and a young woman…

Draco’s jaw dropped so wide, the old woman behind the bar gave him a peculiar look,

“Are you alright dear?” she asked, pushing her large glasses further up her nose.