Episode 5: Making My Way Down Town

I was woken up by a knock on the door long before my alarm went off.
Ugh I feel like garbage... I thought to myself as I walked sluggishly to the door while yawning.

I opened the door to see a smiling Liz whose expression very quickly changed to as if she had seen a ghost.

"Good morning- EEP! What happened to your face?! Are you alright?" she asked with concern. 

"Yawn~ good morning Liz... I guess I just missed my friends and family a bit... I'm fine though," I gave her a tired smile. 

"Awww you poor thing! It's natural to miss them. I know how you feel. I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to," she smiled sadly and reached over to rub my back. 

"Thanks Liz, I really appreciate it, but what brings you here so early in the morning? I thought it's a day off," I asked. 

"Oh! That's right. You told me you didn't have any other clothes yet so I brought you something you could wear today while you go to town," she exclaimed as she handed me some folded clothes. 

"That's so kind of you, thanks Liz," I replied with a smile. 

"I don't mean to be rude but I think we should do something about your face too..." she said hesitantly with a worried expression. 

"Haha don't worry I know you mean well, I probably look like a puffer-fish panda right now," I chuckled. 

"Uhm, just a little," she giggled, "Oh I know, I'll be right back." 

She dashed off and came back about a minute later with another girl. I let them into my room. 

"This is my roommate Amelia! And this is Y/N the new student!" Liz introduced us. 

"Nice to meet you Y/N, oh my gosh, Liz was right, you don't look so well," Amelia said with concern. 

"Nice to meet you too Amelia," I smiled sheepishly, "sorry you had to see me like this on our first meeting." 

"It's no problem at all! I'm here to help you look good for your date," Amelia said cheerily as she held up a bundle. 

"Uhm... it's not like that," I laughed awkwardly. 

"Amelia's really good with makeup so you're in good hands!" Liz chirped. 

Despite how tired and sad I was, I couldn't help but smile as if their happiness was contagious.
"Haha you ladies are the best. Would you mind if I go wash my face and brush my teeth first?" I asked. 

"Oh not at all! Go right ahead. We'll wait here," smiled Amelia. 

Soon my room turned into a dressing room as Liz and Amelia glammed me up so I look presentable enough to go out. 

"Wow, your makeup techniques are amazing, Amelia, my eyes don't look as puffy," I gasped when I looked in the mirror. 

"See? I told you she was amazing!" exclaimed Liz. 

"Well, I did get a lot of practice with Liz after every time she cried,"  Amelia teased. 

"Awww, Amelia!" Liz pouted. 

Their silly interaction made me forget why I was sad for a moment and I couldn't contain my laughter.

  Amelia smiled and said, "Besides, Y/N, you're a natural beauty as is."   

"Oh...uhm, thank you," I blushed. 

"You're so adorable, Y/N," Liz giggled. "When are you meeting up with Yukiya?" she continued.